It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Mitchell playing with fish

View previous topic :: View next topic  
urris

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:42 pm    Post subject: John Mitchell playing with fish Reply with quote

MOVING OUT OF THE TREES
23 APRIL 2019
After so much ‘gardening leave’ it’s time to get back to the ‘day job’.

There’s been a lot of ill founded rumours about my health in recent months and I think it’s time to dispell them with a few announcements of upcoming engagements and general news.

First up is that I’ll be hosting 4 shows in June for ‘Planet Rock’ in June while the Hairy Bikers are off on holiday. I’ll give you more details closer to the time but I’m looking forward to getting back on air again after a long lay off.

This will precede rehearsals that start on the first week of July for our first festival in Warsaw on Friday 12th July.

https://progresja.com/events/prog-in-park-2019/

It’ll be a brand new set for the summer dates and with Robin Boult out on duty with Howard Jones for the next months the guitar position is being filled by John Mitchell (It Bites, I Robot, Frost* )

I’ve known John for quite a few years and this is the first chance we have had to perform on the same stage. I’m excited about having him on board and there’s every chance he will be getting involved with some writing together later in the year for the evasive ‘Weltschmerz’ album.

John will be with us for the New Day festival in the UK on Friday 2nd August which we are headlining –
DS

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Robot? Laughing
Interesting. Is John Beck still playing for Fish? If so, he’s got half of It Bites and Kino playing for him! Cool
orangefiltersky

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fish said in an interview a few months ago (in "PROG", I guess) something about John Beck never answering his phone. What is it about JB that everyone is complaining about him in the end? JM also said that JB was no official member of KINO on the second album because the album would have taken ages otherwise. So, according to these interviews, JB obviously tends to be extremely late time and again and it`s hard to get in contact with him. FD said something very similar a few years ago (don`t ask me where, but I remember it very clearly): he always had to wait for hours for JB to finally show up. (Could this be one of the reasons why JM had enough of IB after MOTP?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> It Bites All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: