It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Snippet of info from JM

View previous topic :: View next topic  
urris

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject: Snippet of info from JM Reply with quote

From a current dprp.net interview about the new Kino cd

My apologies in advance for what is possibly a typical question, but considering that the first Kino album led to the reunion of It Bites, with you in the lead singer/guitarist role, is there any chance of more It Bites releases in the future? Your two studio albums with the band were outstanding, so I would selfishly say, as a fan, that it would be great to hear some new It Bites music.

I was speaking to Bob Dalton and John Beck about the possibility only last week. Bob is busy working on remastering some live It Bites shows from the 80s, which he's hoping to release soon. So, let's see what happens after that.

http://www.dprp.net/reviews/2018-015
nitsypee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumb Up
rob-m

Location: Wandering the Land of Prog. Quite often via a Pub and a Premier Inn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked
orangefiltersky

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JM`s short remark sounds rather lukewarm to me. If JM really wanted to write another IB album he could start any day without hesitation and I guess JB would be up for it any day, too. There`s no need to wait until BD has finished the remastering stuff.
But at least there`s a sign of hope for another IB album. It would be a fantastic surprise to see this happening after all those years.
I`m still surprised that Thomas Waber from InsideOut brought up the possibility of another KINO album one year ago (12 years after Picture), because in my eyes another IB album would have been less far-fetched only five years after MOTP. And, after all, IB are a real band with a long history and JM and JB writing together (!), whereas KINO are just two individual writers with a guest drummer and a guest keyboarder (so not a real band in the true sense of the word) and with only one album under their belt. So I didn`t see another KINO album coming.
Some of their songs are quite good but JB`s writing input is clearly missing when compared to the IB material of TTS or MOTP.
Anyway, "The Dead Club" would have been a great IB song imo, btw. I listen to that quite a lot.
So, JM and JB: Please start writing together NOW. Don`t wait cos we are all mortal. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> It Bites All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: