It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

world suicide prevention day 2018

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Nothing to do with Music!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
urris

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject: world suicide prevention day 2018 Reply with quote

Hi Guys & Gals
I'm hoping you might consider getting involved in a project 'the empty chair' for world suicide prevention day. Now in its third year it provides an opportunity to raise awareness about mental health and wellbeing and encourage people to break down the stigma that stops people asking for help.
It's very straight forward, on WSPD September 10th you display an empty chair that signifies the 'empty chair' left behind when someone passes away. You put an information sheet on the chair (which I will email to you if you are interested) that explains what it's about. You take a picture share it online and send me a copy which I'll get included in a video.

Think about this Every year suicide is among the top 20 leading causes of death globally for people of all ages. It is responsible for over 800,000 deaths, which equates to one life lost every 40 seconds. So if we can even make a difference to one person then that's a success.

Thanks for reading, if you're interested drop me an email feargalmellon@gmail.com
Here's the link to last year's vid, it will give you an idea how easy it is to get involved.

https://youtu.be/U4GmW1DTr4I

Feargal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Nothing to do with Music! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: