It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CKDCF 2016

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TigerMothTales

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject: CKDCF 2016 Reply with quote

Hi folks. I'm swatting up on the stuff for this year's Cumbrian adventure, which inevitably led me to recall - with many fond memmories - last year's event. I stil have to pinch myself when remembering that I got to share the stage with so many inspirational musical figures, Francis Dunnery, John Mitchal, and Mr Plant himself. Not to mention hearing great live music from Materya, John Gilmore Smith and the legendery Big Big Train.
Getting to spend most of the weekend playing keyboards as part of the band and hobnobbing and chatting with lots of lovely folks, many of whom I new from this very forum - well, it was one of the best busman's honeymoons I've ever had. Smile
Who knows what wonderous memmories this year will bring. Once again I'm lucky enough to be part of the band, though at this point I think Francis may stil have a surprise or two up his sleave for the evening. Whatever happens, Francis will bring his particular type of magic to the fore as usual and we'll all be having one heck of a time.
But among all the happyness the weekend will bring, I know there will be sadness as we remember John Lynn.
I didn't know him really, apart from being acquainted on Facebook. But it was clear what a friendly, big hearted and generous guy he was, not least because of his efforts for the charity last year. Though there will be many sad thoughts of his passing, I think we will all remember his outfit last year with a chuckle or two. Smile Smile
I can't wait to play with the chaps again and to see lots of friends old and new. Not long to go now.
In the meantime, please do share your memmories too on this thread, and here is a track from last year's concert. I hope no one will mind if I dedicate this to John Lynn's memmory, as it seems poignantly appropriate.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14720207/Tall%20Ships%20-%20JM%20and%20PJ.mp3

Hoping to see lots of you there. Smile
urris

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning version of TTS and very apt choice.
TigerMothTales

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile We certainly enjoyed doing it. Smile I'll be off in about an hour with my wife and parents on our way for a morning rehearsal. God, why can't Cumbria be closer to where I live? Lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Francis Dunnery All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: