It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome To The Wild Country

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldmanwithhisangel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Welcome To The Wild Country Reply with quote

Is now available and you can stream all the songs to sample. Bit crazy to do that me thinks, anyone with a bit of intelligence can own it very easily Smile
nitsypee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good album though. Think I prefer it to EMISL
oldmanwithhisangel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am falling in love with it, He is right, it does sound so much much better sonicly than the original .
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've now had a listen to it. Have to say I really like the new arrangements and recording and it is definitely an improvement on the original version, which in many ways was Francis' searching around for his own identity and direction in my opinion. This one sounds like the work of a completely self confident artist.

Way better than the It Bites re-recordings which, for me, lost something without the keyboards of John Beck. I remember John Mitchell when asked how they managed to recreate the sound of It Bites without Frank gave the answer as John Beck and this is really key for me.

I still get the feeling he is finished as a songwriter producing original material though as he has not released anything original since The Gully Flats Boys (apart from the disastrous Made In Space - lets be honest it was pretty dire he'll never ever admit it because he is way too big headed), and the GFB was now about 12 years ago I think. It would be great to hear something original.

Return to the Wild Country sounds great but I can't get that excited about an album I already know inside out.
oldmanwithhisangel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair Comment !
gazza

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I still haven't heard this yet, and much prefer to own a physical cd copy that i can hold in my hand Very Happy
kulich

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to pay royally for the Japanese import then - if it ever comes out.

Which is a curious circle that since the same was true for the original Wild Country Smile

I downloaded Return as a zip of wav files and burned my own copy - while the page was open I experimented and was able to download the tracks in flac as well ... merely a curiosity since that's a simple right click on my computer.

Figured I'd just as soon hear the album before the links go stale, and it's an album well worth hearing.

P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Francis Dunnery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: