It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TMT gigs.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TigerMothTales

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: TMT gigs. Reply with quote

Hi guys and gals. I'm excited to report that I have 4 upcoming events this year. These are all in the way of supporting other artists, and though I'm billed as Tiger Moth Tales for these performances, they will be just myself, with piano, acoustic guitar and one or two tricks up my sleeve.

So off we go.
On October 24th I'm playing keyboards for the CKDCF event. I'm sure I don't need to tell you chaps what that is, but needless to sy it's a great privilage. This means I will get to accompany such legends as Robert Plant and Francis Dunnery himself! Our beloved John Mitchell will also be doing a couple there, but I don't think he needs a keyboard player sadly. Smile I'll also get to take the stage solo and do a couple of TMT tracks.
Sadly this event is now sold out what with it being a Dunnery gig Smile but I mention it as I'm rather chuffed about it and it's pretty darned cool.

Attention them up north for this one. On November 14th I'll be supporting Mr Davy O List! Formerly of The Nice, and with a brand new fantastic solo album out. He's doing a few shows and I'm lucky enough to be part of one of them at the Wesley Centre in Maltby Rotherham.
I'm also very happy because it's a bit nearer for me and for a lot of my friends in the South Yorkshire area who haven't been able to make it to my other support gigs. So if your in that area or even if your not, you can get tickets and info from the CRS site as they're running the event.
www.classicrocksociety.co.uk
That's pretty cool too. Smile

Then I'm with the wonderful Lifesigns on December 6th at the zephyr Lounge in Leamington. A great honour, and after having heard clips from their live DVD I can't wait to hear them do their thing. See the link below if you like the sound of that one.
https://shop.ticketscript.com/channel/web2/get-dates/rid/VHCHB5LE/eid/245407/language/en

And the last one, a corking prog treble bill in bonney Scottland. Tiger Moth Tales and We Are Kin have the privilage to be supporting Abel Ganz in their home town at the CCA in Glasgow. This should be a fantastic night and just before Christmas on the 18th of December. Really excited about this one. Tickets for that one are available here:
http://www.cca-glasgow.com/programme/560142cd38ea59c442000001

So folks, if you fancy seeing the Moth do his thang, and then watching a decent band as well, these gigs may be of interest to you. Plus it would be fab to meet some of you at last as I am very fond of you all and I'll always remember your kind words when I first tentitively mentioned that Cocoon thing. Smile

For those who have enquired about the possibility of TMT going out as a full band, ... I have nothing concrete to tell you at this point. Smile But I do have some pretty awsome plans for next year and I intend to do at least a handful of gigs with a full band. My friends from Red Bazar are keen to be involved and we are going to make a big racket/noise sometime next year. More than that, I can't commit to at this point.

If you're straining your eyes reading all this, please feel fre to have a cuppa and come back to it later. Or you can visit the TMT website which has all the details.
www.tigermothtales.com

Finally, if you can't make any of these great gigs for some rubbish reason like you live at the other side of the world Wink or if you're thinking about coming to see TMT but aren't sure what you're going to get, take a look at this:
http://tigermothtales.bandcamp.com/album/live-at-the-borderline?t=4

This is the official bootleg from the Borderline performance when I supported the magnificent Magenta. You can stream a couple of tracks, or if you want to you can purchase the whole thing as a download for the princely sum of 3.50. Smile If you do that, many thanks.
Ok, that's more than enough for now, but I do hope to meet some of you before the year is out. Smile
gazza

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Nice one Pete, looking forward to meeting you at Franks charity weekend, and possibly the gig at Leamington too Very Happy
TigerMothTales

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Gazza. Smile Looking forward to it. This year has been pretty damn great for me. I'm wondering what the catch is. Lol
gazza

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy There isn't one, it's just down to sheer hard work and perseverance, take it all in and embrace it Very Happy
TigerMothTales

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, please check this out chaps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6F5e_gjSGI
Brand New from guitar master Davy O List! Seriously groovy and quality playing from Davy and his band who I have the great honour of supporting at the Wesley Centre in Rotherham on Saturday November 14th.
Tickets to see Davy O List with support from Tiger Moth Tales (Me) are stil available and just 12 each from
www.classicrocksociety.co.uk
DON@T MISS! Smile
TigerMothTales

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there folks. Rather excited now and slightly panicky as I prepare to start for Cumbria first thing tomorrow. I'm excited not least because I'll be accompanying our very own Mr Dunnery for a few tracks, and also Mr Mitchell. Jackpot! Smile Can't wait for that. I just wanted to thank all those who donated to my Just Giving page for the CKDCF. I'm not far off my target. I appreciate that most of you here who wanted to would have donated straight to Francis's page, but if anybody stil wants to donate you can always do so here:
https://www.justgiving.com/peter-jones62/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=fundraisingpage&utm_content=peter-jones62&utm_campaign=pfp-share
Thanks again, and now I must rush off and do a bit of last minute rehearsing. I can't let Mr Plant and Mr Dunnery down. V V exciting and all for an excellent cause. Hope to bump in to some of you there. Smile
TigerMothTales

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now then. Anybody free tomorrow evening and within driving distance of Maltby? If so there are stil some tickets left to see the great Davy O List supported by some fellow who calls himself the Mothster. (me). Yup, Tiger Moth Tales is supporting Davy O List of The Nice Fame, and I'm doing an hour long set which is also nice. So if you're not to far away and you're fre, it'll be a great show I know, you won't be disappointed.

As a taster here's a sample of one of the tracks from Davy O List's new album which is a great vintage. Smile
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14720207/Davy%20O%20List%20-%20The%20Emperor%20-%20%28Sample%29.mp3
And, well you know what I sound like, but here's a video anyway. Smile Please pass on this gig to anyone you think maybe interested. Maybe I'll see you there. Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ambwkq2kEeQ
TigerMothTales

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick reminder about this friday folks. Date, This Friday. Place, the CCA in Glasgow. Bands, Tiger Moth Tales (well kind of a band) We Are Kin and Abel Ganz!! (Definitely both amazing bands( Time, not entirely sure, but more details are available if you visit Abel Ganz's site here: http://www.abelganz.com/content/?page_id=1027 By a lucky coincidence, one can also purchase tickets there too for this ule prog wonderfullness. In case any one has missed the info disguised in this criptic Cipher, get yourselves to Glasgow this friday because it will be right good. Smile Thanks and maybe see you there folks. Smile
TigerMothTales

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks. Wasn't sure where to post this but here's as gooderer place as any I guess. Just wanted to say a couple of things: Firstly how wonderful the Abel Ganz gig was and how great it was to bump in to a couple of you chaps up in Glasgow. Absolutely cracking night.
Secondly, A jolly proggy Christmas to all, and thanks so much for giving this moth a wonderful year. It seems like a long time ago now, but it was you chaps who gave me such encouragement and confidence last year with that Cocoon thing of mine, and this year has been such a great one with so many highlights and prog name dropping. Smile And Mikey for I suspect I know what your comment will be, yes there will be some new music nexter year and hopefully in the not too distant future. I can't wait to see what 2016 will bring.
Finally, my last plug for the year:
just a quick reminder that until the end of December the TMT albums Cocoon and Story Tellers have a 20 percent discount off when you download them here:
https://tigermothtales.bandcamp.com
The discount codes for Cocoon and Story Tellers are xmastiger and xmasmoth respectively.
Also, don't forget I'll be donating proceeds from The Wasail Song EP and the Genesis covers album to the Guide Dogs charity, so if anybody is interested in those you can find them on the Bandcamp page too.
Ok, no more plugs until January I promise. Smile Have a cool ule and here's to a cracking 2016. Mothster
stan the man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was good to say hi to your good self last Friday Pete,and may I say it was a cracking performance.You could have heard a pin drop during your songs apart from The Merry Vicar lol.

My friend who had never heard any of your music prior to the gig summed it up nicely......"A very emotional and humbling experience " he said afterwards clutching his copy of Cocoon .

Really enjoyed We are Kin,the vocalists were superb as were Abel Ganz,unfortunately could not get the full Ganz experience due to travel problems.

Hope you return to Scotland soon and I look forward to some new TMT tunes in 2016.
TigerMothTales

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, wow sorry Stan not sure how I missed this post, but thanks so much for your kind words. It was good to meet you too and the gig was an excellent night all round. We Are Kin were really good too especially considering it was their debut outing. THe album is really cool.
Smile I hope to be back in Scottland one fine day. Smile
TigerMothTales

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is with great pleasure and anticipation that I announce that Tiger Moth Tales (I) will be opening up for the one ... the only ... MOON SAFARIIIIIIII! Smile
http://www.teamrock.com/news/2016-02-17/tiger-moth-tales-to-support-moon-safari
Mr Jon Twang Patric is putting on a show with Moon Safari at the Borderline in London on Wednesday May the 11th. He very kindly asked me if I'd be interested in opening for these legends of modern prog. I had to think for 0 seconds before gratefully accepting.
The surreal thing is that it comes slap bang in the middle of rehearsals for the Camel shows, but Andy is ok with it. Smile
If you're free and are up for a trip to London to to see the fantastic Moon Safari with a bit of TMT thrown in, the tickets are right here:
https://www.stargreen.com/moon-safari.html/

Hope to see some of you chaps there and maybe have a pint or two with you. Smile
Woop!
This is England

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TigerMothTales wrote:
It is with great pleasure and anticipation that I announce that Tiger Moth Tales (I) will be opening up for the one ... the only ... MOON SAFARIIIIIIII! Smile
http://www.teamrock.com/news/2016-02-17/tiger-moth-tales-to-support-moon-safari
Mr Jon Twang Patric is putting on a show with Moon Safari at the Borderline in London on Wednesday May the 11th. He very kindly asked me if I'd be interested in opening for these legends of modern prog. I had to think for 0 seconds before gratefully accepting.
The surreal thing is that it comes slap bang in the middle of rehearsals for the Camel shows, but Andy is ok with it. Smile
If you're free and are up for a trip to London to to see the fantastic Moon Safari with a bit of TMT thrown in, the tickets are right here:
https://www.stargreen.com/moon-safari.html/

Hope to see some of you chaps there and maybe have a pint or two with you. Smile
Woop!
Being a massive MS fan I had already got tickets but this has added the cherry to the cake. I'm really looking forward to seeing you for the first time.
TigerMothTales

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers This is England that's great. Will no doubt bump in to you there. Smile
TigerMothTales

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks. Just thought I'd say hello.
Well I guess moths do get to the moon sometimes. Smile So who's coming to the Borderline next Wednesday (May 11th) to see the sublime Moon Safari doing their thing? And don't forget support by the adequate Tiger Moth Tales! Lol
If anybody's up for it you can find more info here:
http://theborderlinelondon.com/search/moon+safari
It would be fab to see you there. Smile

Then after that it's three days rehearsals with the cracking Camel chaps.
In the perhaps unlikely event that there's any folks coincidentally planning a trip to Japan and you fancy catching a Camel show, there's details at the Camel website:
http://www.camelproductions.com/
The next mothington outing will be with the Gift and We Are Kin in August, but that's a little while away. There will also be plenty of Tiger Moth Tales and Red Bazar gigs towards the end of the year including the tremendous Summers End. I'll keep all you strange yet highly loveable moth fanciers up to date as always. Smile
So that's my little update, except to say that I'll have a little something out on Bandcamp very soon so that's something to look out for. Also, if any folks are stil wanting to by the Red Bazar album, it's here in hard copy:
www.whiteknightrecords.co.uk
Or as a download here:
https://redbazar.bandcamp.com/album/tales-from-the-bookcase
Thanks as always for your support. You are fabtastic. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Other Bands All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: