It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Francis bows out
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
morsefull

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Francis bows out Reply with quote

So it's all over for Frank as far as "Rock shows" are concerned Sad
I went to the Vampires gig at Wolverhampton and counted about 80 people there.
How many times have the fans slagged him off for not doing the old It Bites stuff? Then he puts a fantastic band together , spends lots of time and energy nailing those songs and no-one turns up.
Well I have to say for those that didn't go, you missed an awesome gig Frank and the band were pretty faultless. He was in a great mood and It was one of the best performances I've seen him give (and I've seen him about 20 times).
If anyone can get along to the 2 remaining gigs I recommend it. It's your last chance.
aquiel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, went to Manchester, not even half full, Incredible set, brilliant band, last chance to see these songs as they should be played (bar Beck), Once Around The World was epic, Even played 'You'll Never Go To Heaven' for the first time on this tour apparently, A few F*** ups but was great to hear.
John Gillham

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might get slagged off for saying this but Frank was progressing from 80s rock star to twenty first century musician quite well several years ago. The accustic stuff wasn't half bad when mixed with the likes of 'Jackall'. Maybe It Bites getting together without him skewed his perspective.

I would like him to stop, take a look at his whole career and just play what HE likes in a way HE likes it, forgetting about all those stuck in the 80s. Come on Frank, resume your career. Write the songs YOU feel, and sing them the way YOU want. Forget about It Bites (they are doing their own thing) and progess in the way that is true to yourself.
fleabag

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like him to stop, take a look at his whole career and just play what HE likes in a way HE likes it, forgetting about all those stuck in the 80s. Come on Frank, resume your career. Write the songs YOU feel, and sing them the way YOU want. Forget about It Bites (they are doing their own thing) and progess in the way that is true to yourself.[/quote]

I think you are correct . Since the Release of "Man " we have had very few "NEW" songs . Infact not an album of total original material . Frank must have lost a lot of fans along the last 12 years but by his own admision in interviews he didnt care what the fans thought and had a go at the "OLD PROGGERs"
IMO had this Tour Happened 12 years ago the venues would have sold out no problem but money is tight and Music has never been so easy to find and get into . Perhaps FD has taken his fan base for granted?? Before i get slagged off i have purchased every recording FD has ever done ( including MIS ).

I wouldnt bother releasing Vampires , remastering and cleaning up the old It Bites stuff would have been a better project ??
John Gillham

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would have been great if Frank had joined It Bites on one of their tours. To hear those old songs with both Frank and JM on guitars would have been awesome.

But you're right, he needs to start writing again, whether it be accoustic or electric - he's great at both. The low level of participation on his forum highlights that changes are necessary to reinvigorate fans, enthusuasm and I think he realises this.
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree that he has saturated himself over the last few years and this won't have helped the crowds.
gazza

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I was at the Wolverhampton gig and know for fact over 100 tickets were sold pre gig, and with people turning up and paying on the door..i'd say the crowd was around/over the 200 mark..Still not enough though, so i know what you mean. As for the gig itself, words fail me as to how good it was. Great and happy to see Frank play whatever..for all of the IB clan..it was a master class and a true priviledge to see him play all that stuff with passion and gusto as if he'd just written it. Personally, he played Jackal in your mind on the last tour, and as it's probably one of my fave tunes of his,felt disappointed it was omitted this time around, but it's a minor quibble, as this tour was being billed as an IB based tour. Make no mistake though folks, whether this is the last we see of him performing a rock show or not, we haven't heard the last of Francis Dunnery Exclamation Very Happy
John Gillham

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're right Gazza. I wouldn't like to think he'd written his last song.
gazza

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Not a chance John, don't forget he'll be on the upcoming Dave Kerzner album ( on a few tracks apparently ) and is always being asked to participate in various other projects all the time. I think he may take a little time out to concentrate on his other ventures..his well being clinic etc, and let's not forget, he's just had a baby boy, so after being busy with his own music and tours.. i think the bloke deserves a bit of a rest Wink Very Happy
John Gillham

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you put it like that Gazza it does make sense for him to relax a bit.
gazza

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I think he genuinely rediscovered the joy of being in and playing in a band again John, and even though it may not be on his agenda right now, i think most people by now know Frank well enough to never say never Very Happy
TigerMothTales

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may well have missed it, I do miss things. But has The new album come out yet with the revamped versions of itbights tracks?
gazza

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Not yet Pete, it was due originally for release just before Christmas, but not quite sure what's happening or how far away the release is. What i will say is, Frank does put a lot of time and effort into his releases, and is a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to putting anything out there, so i'm sure it will be worth the wait Very Happy
TigerMothTales

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it will. Smile
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gazza wrote:
Very Happy Not yet Pete, it was due originally for release just before Christmas, but not quite sure what's happening or how far away the release is. What i will say is, Frank does put a lot of time and effort into his releases, and is a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to putting anything out there, so i'm sure it will be worth the wait Very Happy

Hope it doesn't end up like the Welcome to the wild country tour video...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Francis Dunnery All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: