It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lifesigns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dena
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to see Lifesigns at the Borderline last night. I think it's a great venue and it was pretty full, given that it was a school night.

Caught up with John Young very briefly but luckily had more time to spend with Jon Poole who, as Gman says, is most definitely random - but a lovely chap. Curfew was early due to the Borderline adopting the Carling Academy school of early gig/late nightclub and clearing out in between - although the security staff are far nicer than at the Carling Academies.

I think it was a pretty similar set to the one they've been playing over these past few months but the time spent playing the set was really shown as the band were incredibly tight with some sublime guitar work.

After four days/nights out in a row (culminating in last night's gig) I'm utterly knackered today but the gig was well worth it. Smile
rob-m

Location: Wandering the Land of Prog. Quite often via a Pub and a Premier Inn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manchester Band on the Wall for us on the. 25th September..looking forward to it. Also just discussing the York gig in Feb 2015. Long way off but in the diary....
dressedinblack

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borderline again Dec 16th. Cambridge Dec 21st. Very Happy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnrGPPhSNcc
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey dressedinblack!!! How are you fella?
dressedinblack

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave!! I'm fine, thanks for asking. Hope you are too. Check the forum every day in case of any updates from our boys. but in the meantime I content myself with Lifesigns, who I adore. Met them at the Horns and all lovely people. Definitely one of my fave albums. I read your "what are you listening to" updates regularly and smile wryly as I wonder whether to commit "Origin of Love" by Mika to the system before chickening out. I can blame my teenage daughters but I do like it. Shocked Hopefully see you again but in the meantime (and to keep the integrity of the thread) go and see Lifesigns! Everyone!
p.s waveydavey (if you are reading!)...... sorry I have been so poor regarding White Willow. New album next year I think!
Mooncat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lifesigns boys have started a Pledge Music campaign for a live CD/DVD to be recorded later this year. Well worth it from what I've seen/heard.
DS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip, Mooncat! Pledge made. Cool
dressedinblack

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too! Thanks, Mooncat! Smile
dressedinblack

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great new clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrjJFMr83P8
Over 50% now at Gigpledge but time is ticking away. Hope the Live DVD becomes a reality.
Dena
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they've got the support gig for Marillion at their Dutch weekend in March 2015 now. This band are starting to go places.... Smile
dressedinblack

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh. Can't get enough of this group. Went to The Horns in Watford on the 30th. Spoke to John Young again. Such a lovely, lovely guy. One of the things he said was that Lifesigns came second in the
"Who would you most like to see return on the next Cruise to the Edge?" questionnaire they must have given to the ocean-going audience. Wish I could make a Cruise! (I didn't ask who came first, btw.)
As the pub filled up I said to the guy next to me: "Nick Beggs has just walked in!"
"Nah. Just looks like him from behind," he replied. He was wrong! It was great to see yet another brilliant performance by the band and to see Nick obviously enjoying the evening and admiring how Jon Poole was interpreting the bass duties!. Really great night. I know I keep banging on about them but they really are worth it. They are recording their DVD shoot on Thurs 22nd and Fri 23rd Jan at "Under The Bridge" Chelsea FC. If you can make it, do try and go!
http://www.lifesigns.me/
ps. Nice to see Julie again. Nice name-check for attending ALL of their gigs! Phew! Very Happy
Gman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to see Lifesigns last night at the Robin, Bilston and I have to say it was a stonking gig! Excellent sound, perfectly played and I'd almost go as far as to say that the songs work better live than they do on record. You get that massiveness live that just can't be replicated at home without peeing off the neighbours.

Definitely well worth making the effort to see if you get the chance.

Jon Young was saying they're working on a new album - they're playing a couple of the tracks live...tis good stuff Very Happy
This is England

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gman wrote:
Went to see Lifesigns last night at the Robin, Bilston and I have to say it was a stonking gig! Excellent sound, perfectly played and I'd almost go as far as to say that the songs work better live than they do on record. You get that massiveness live that just can't be replicated at home without peeing off the neighbours.

Definitely well worth making the effort to see if you get the chance.

Jon Young was saying they're working on a new album - they're playing a couple of the tracks live...tis good stuff Very Happy

That's good to hear, seeing them Saturday in York.
gazza

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I, along with Waveydavey, was also at the Robin on Sunday, and fully endorse everything Gman is saying ..absolutely superb stuff. I know it's early and i've got Steven Wilson to come in March, but gig of the year so far. I was really impressed by all of the musicianship, but you know what us guitarists are like Laughing so i was particularly struck by Niko Tsonev, who was that incredible..i bought his solo album Very Happy
rob-m

Location: Wandering the Land of Prog. Quite often via a Pub and a Premier Inn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

York was a great gig. The band were really in form.

It was also handily scheduled for our anniversary... Very Happy

Looking forward to seeing them at Marillion Weekend in a few weeks time...that really is a massive bonus for us and a great chance for the band to promote themselves to a wider audience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Other Bands All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: