It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big Lad in the Windmill: Review
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
batchain
The Dark Knight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Big Lad in the Windmill: Review Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud88WFOL4M4

B xx Shocked
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the first two minutes he talks bollocks.
Why does he hate CATH? Great song.
After 3 minutes I realised he was a complete tool and turned it off. Obviously thinks he should be on the radio / in the media. Thank god he is not.
pink skinny head

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren Lock.....is a cock....stupid review,end of!!
stan the man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wasted 10 minutes of my life.....cheers bat.

talking of bats,that sweet little munchkin needs one of the baseball variety smacked firmly across his ugly coupon!!!
kulich

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll not complain - some of his comments strike home. And hasn't Frank said the same about the mix of styles?

Doesn't negate how I feel about the album one whit ... check out some of his other reviews (close to 500 prog albums) or his looping.

He's one of us - almost.

P
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is, he clearly thinks of himself as a bit wacky, and hilariously witty - and there is nothing worse than a balding old fat git with a false impression of himself.
I've watched a couple more reviews an he made some fair points. I would still say he is a sweet little munchkin and I hope I never come across him.
kulich

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough - still have to give him some credit for internet longevity and fearless self-promotion of his own material.

I also have a soft spot for anyone using guitar synthesis to actually create and sell music.

P
firehorse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have had a few blokes like this make their home down our pub over the years. They are the experts on all stuff that ever was and don't like stuff coz they basically hate it, (coz it's sh*t)

Know all: Why do you drink that r*t's p**s?
Me: I like the taste. I take it you don't like this beer then.
Know all: No I bloody hate it.
Me: Why?
Know all: because I hate it. I just don't like it coz I bloody hate it...sigh...and I really bloody hate it because...it's sh*t.

Me: Oh...ok then. I have to urgently go and stand over here now...
Dena
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH, this sort of stuff doesn't really faze me. Opinions are like @rseholes, etc... If someone doesn't like the band or an album they've done, then fair enough. Everyone is entitled to a view - no matter how wrong they are (yes - it's a joke - for those who don't know me Laughing ).

Now, when it comes to registering on a fans' forum and slagging off the band, that's another matter. If he expressed such views here in the same style I don't think he'd be particularly welcome, and probably (rightly IMO) branded as a troll, but elsewhere...? We can disagree with his view - and I think it's safe to say that yes, we do disagree. And yes, he probably IS one of those irritating idiots we all avoid at the pub, but at least he's not here on the forum! Wink
blee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the 1st three mins, bit late I know. Couldn't watch anymore, and not because I like Ib.

.............tw@t.

Willie.
patch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always nice to hear a well constructed and well worded review (Shite!) (Turd) (Arseholes) . Reminds me of someone !
Gman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird innit how the very essence of the word 'progressive' is to move forwards and try different things, but it's clear that what he actually wants from a progressive album is the same old prog stereotypes.

He's taking an album where they've mixed pop, rock and prog and created something quite different from what was around. I'd say that was progressive...not in the clichéd prog stereotype but in it's truest sense.

The other weird thing is that I don't think you'd categorise The Big Lad as a prog album. It's much more a pop album than prog so why review it on that basis?? It's like picking up a Scritti Politti album and reviewing it as prog.

Big Lad does suffer terribly from 80's production but then, there are a whole load of classic albums that suffer equally...that's just how things go. I reckon if JM was to re-produce the album now, it would sound much more current and would probably receive very different comments.

Anyway, he's a prog dork and the kind of person I go out of my way to avoid. He is the very essence of everything that is crap about prog. Do you think he still lives with his mother??
stan the man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well gman. only a mother could love a face like that,and i totally agree with what you say.

i bought big lad after oatw back in the day and loved it and still do...yes its 80s production but that was the thing back then every thing was high compresion and to be honest i miss that type thing.

going back to the reviewer,it wasn't particularly what the guy said that got me going it was his presentation and his facial expresions...it was if he was holding a piece of dog sh*t not a cd.

no take that back he was talking sh*te.
blee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patch,
Fair point........ My dislike of people who are over opinionated and intolerant of other peoples likes and dislikes it seems has made me intolerant myself!

I guess we shouldn't post without a calm down period.

I also didnt watch the full thing, still probably won't. My choice.

Willie
Takahashi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Internet Hard Man alert! Reply with quote

6:33 -

"...wanna smack Dunnery right in the mush. I still wanna smack him in the mush right now."

I'd pay good money to see the outcome of that threat, and I doubt it would be in favour of the Fat Lad Who's a Windbag.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> It Bites All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: