It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gig dates - March 2013
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
It Bites

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Gig dates - March 2013 Reply with quote

It Bites had an immensely successful 2012, a year that included the release of their critically acclaimed album, Map Of The Past, two brilliantly received UK tours, a fantastic sold-out London show at the Scala and Radio 2 play from the likes of Dermot O’Leary and Alex Lester.

Never ones to rest on their laurels, the band have just revealed that they will be main support to FM on their forthcoming coming UK tour in March:

FM + IT BITES + VEGA
Mar 20 Newcastle O2 Academy 2
Mar 21 Manchester Academy 2
Mar 22 Nuneaton Queens Hall
Mar 23 London O2 Shepherds Bush Empire
DS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst it's good to see the lads out on tour again, shurely shome mishtake with the billing order?! Shocked
How many Top 40 singles and overall album sales have FM had in comparison with IB? Indiscreet (1986) was a good album but they didn't have a hit single and chart album that a certain other band did the same year! Hmm... Confused
firehorse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their second album Tough It Out had a stonking track on it called The Dream That Died which had a chorus that was the sort of thing IB would have come up with back in the day with Frank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-avavtcbZm0

I'd pretty much given up going to gigs, but I think I'll make an exception to this as FM are pretty good. Their lead singer has a brilliant voice.
gazza

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I've seen FM a couple of times over the past two years, the last time being just before Christmas, at the institute in Brum, and they are a class act let me tell you.They have a ( relatively )new guitarist, who has brought a new dimension to their songs.I bought their last album Metropolis (2011) and it has rarely been off my playlist.A fantastic album IMO, and this seems like a win win situation as far as i'm concerned.They are doing a date in Wolverhampton, which i have already got tickets for, and i will now get some for the queens hall gig ( the crew as it's known to everybody )too, as i have played there myself in the past, cracking little venue. Very Happy
equinoxdreams

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, FM darn good band - Steve Overland has a cracking couple of solo efforts too!! I remember getting their autographs on the back of an It Bites ticket at the Meltdown gig in 1987 - they were big fans!
SlowKnee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: FM gig in Newcastle Reply with quote

I already have a ticket to see FM in Glasgow at King Tuts. Sadly iB are not supporting here.

I know this is a bit of a longshot but is anyone close to the band or its management able to say how long a set the guys will be getting in Newcastle on 20th?

It's a reasonably long way for me to travel and will necessitate an overnight stay, another gig ticket (I'm already seeing FM 3 nights previously), some beers and a fish supper (I'm Scottish remember!), and diesel expenses to get there and back.

So, I'd hate to go to all that expense only to find that, due to it being a 3-band bill, iB have such a short stage-time that they effectively only get to say "Hi. We're It Bites. This is called "Once Around The World". Thank you and goodnight" Wink
gazza

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy The ticket i already have for them is without IB on the bill slowknee.I'll go to the nuneaton gig as well tho, just to get my fix.Luckily for me, it's not to far a journey. Very Happy
paiste

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: FM gig in Newcastle Reply with quote

SlowKnee wrote:
I already have a ticket to see FM in Glasgow at King Tuts. Sadly iB are not supporting here.

I know this is a bit of a longshot but is anyone close to the band or its management able to say how long a set the guys will be getting in Newcastle on 20th?

It's a reasonably long way for me to travel and will necessitate an overnight stay, another gig ticket (I'm already seeing FM 3 nights previously), some beers and a fish supper (I'm Scottish remember!), and diesel expenses to get there and back.

So, I'd hate to go to all that expense only to find that, due to it being a 3-band bill, iB have such a short stage-time that they effectively only get to say "Hi. We're It Bites. This is called "Once Around The World". Thank you and goodnight" Wink

To be fair Slowknee I am having the same thoughts myself and I'm only 10 minutes down the road from Nuneaton!
Maybe I should listen to some FM to see if I actually like them. If I don't I'm not sure I'll go. (unless Bob needs a drum tech?!)
To answer your question I'd imagine It Bites will do 45 minutes.
oldmanwithhisangel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw FM back in the 80s, I can't remember who they were supporting, either Bon Jovi or Gary Moore I think. They were ok.
This is just another Whitehaven to me. We went there just to see the boys, and left when Quo came on .
I too would like an idea of how long IB are going to be on, I may get away with this one, if we are not going to be there all night Very Happy
thebaron

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry don't want to sound ungrateful but - FM ??? Aren't they sort of sickly AOR - not as good as Journey - type band?
I want to see It Bites again - not FM or whoever the 3rd band are.
Ok so It Bites may obtain a few new fans but I'd rather have them charge £30 for a ticket to see em for a full 2 hours - not 45 mins.

So now I have that out of the way ....

Are there any plans to do High Voltage (Prog Stage) this year??
oldmanwithhisangel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Baron Very Happy
Daved

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaps- Whoa. Stand back and look at the Positives!

It Bites are touring once more-Early in 2013 Very Happy

Factor in the MAGNA gig at Rotherham in April-surely a statement of intent--Rock Right On!
holmesc1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had tickets sfor fm already as i saw them in newcastle 2 year ago and steve overland is class singer paul rodgers meets steve perry. THey may play for an hour. I saw skin backing little angels at shepards bush (where im seen fm) and they did a hours set. AS It bites are playing for a hour or less it would be nice for them to do a greatest hits set with a couple from new album. If they just do all stuff from new album or do a few tracks like once around the world they wont get many new fans
holmesc1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone think it bites will hang around the foyer after gig as i would like to have bit chat with the lads especially bob and john beck as they from my part of country
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are that desperate to meet them pm Dena and she might tip you off to the pub they are likely to be in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> It Bites Live All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: