It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HRH Prog - April

View previous topic :: View next topic  
It Bites

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: HRH Prog - April Reply with quote

HRH PROG music festival in proud association with PROG Magazine is pleased to announce more acts added to April's event with the addition of eighties prog favorites, It Bites.

Magenta and Finland's outstanding Von Hertzen Brothers have also been added, alongside Uli Jon Roth, Touchstone, Haken, IOEarth, Also Eden and the Dream Circuit, who all join the line-up of Hawkwind, Caravan, The Enid, Mostly Autumn, The Crazy World of Arthur Brown and The Reasoning.

HRH PROG is set in a unique and truly amazing venue at MAGNA Science Adventure, a spectacularly renovated steelworks in Rotherham, on 6th and 7th April 2013.

Tickets are available from the HRH PROG Festival website (www.hrhprog.com) or on 08700 110034.
rob-m

Location: Wandering the Land of Prog. Quite often via a Pub and a Premier Inn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So....anyone else going to HRH? Most of the Posse(tm) will be there and hopefully we will bump into a few other IB peeps there....

Of course, being so close to Sheffield a quick visit to the Sheffield Tap, Fat Cat and Kelham Island tavern (not necessarily in that order) is almost compulsory..... Wink
It Bites

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update for you.

We hit the stage on Saturday 6 April at 6.30 pm, and have an hour's set. See you there! Smile
Hilary

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me 'n' 'im will be there.

It would be rude not to especially since Y Prog was cancelled last month!

Really looking forward to seeing It Bites live again Very Happy
gazza

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I gather thermal underwear was the theme of the day Hils Laughing saw a few comments on FB last night,all complaining of how hard it was to play because their fingers were so cold,and it was the first gig they had played wearing a scarf lol.I saw Jeff Scott Soto on Friday at the Asylum in brum, and he was superb,and heard good reports about him from yesterday too.Hope you all had a great time. Very Happy
waveydavey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah can anybody give an account of HRH for those of us unable to make it? What were the highlights for you?
blee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The highlights for me were leaving the prog1 stage area and getting a heat. Definitely saw more aor than prog due to the temp.

Seriously, highlights we're for me Magenta, Reasoning, h.e.a.t, Romeo's Daughter, Tesla and the Barb-Q-Barbies. Yes I'm an old 80s rock fan and BQB were just plain good fun.

Dissapontments were the lack of a raised stage for both prog and aor2 stages, meant I left Touchstone after 2nd song as I could only clearly see some of the band members from the eyebrows up. Bands and audience were not meant to stand at the same height. I've been waiting to see TS for bloody ages but got p****d off and left.

From what I remember the set list was

KLJ
Ghosts
The Big Machine
TWTSTB
OMATA
CATH

I'm sure I've missed one out.

Take care, Willie

Ps oh and it really was bloody freezing.
Dena
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was absolutely perishing. We did well to survive the weekend with all toes intact. Confused The AOR side of things, however, was competely different; it was warm and carpeted! Shocked

I'm trying to remember the IB set. Willie has it for the most part, although they played Cartoon Graveyard as well.

I was very impressed by both Magenta's and Touchstone's sets, although agree that the second prog stage was absolutely awful. I could see nothing for the entire set but the back of people's heads. I think I saw Moo's head and Henpen's hat once or twice and that was about it.

Personally, I think HRH is going to have to do a lot better for us proggers. On the strength of this past weekend, it's unlikely I'll return, especially when we have the likes of Twang organising Celebr8, which is a far more prog-friendly event.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> It Bites Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: