It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smashing concrete

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Nothing to do with Music!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kulich

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject: Smashing concrete Reply with quote

Here's what Johannes and I did today - we had almost no rain compared to the rest of the coast so I thought we should procede. I'd already chopped out the sidewalk and had this idea of saving the last slab for a table and benches.

Well ... turns out the thing was on top of the sewer stack ... and even after cutting the slab in thirds it weighed far more than we could lift.

So we'll see what happens - I'll break what's left into two and move it around with a bar. It would be nice to end up with a slab table but that seems unlikely.

And that's life after a fun Saturday and a couple of martinis.

P

Paul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink
kulich

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obelisk ... I did suggest to my wife that we could stand these chunks up in the garden somewhere in a 'ruined Stonehenge' grouping but she didn't seen too enthusiastic.

The darn things weigh ... 200 pounds ... maybe more? I can wiggle them along the ground with a bar but it took two of us just to turn in over. The landscaper has a bobcat so I might ask him to help create something primordial (like the monoliths in 2001 The Space Odyssey Smile). The alternative is to break them into head sized chunks and drive over to the landfill.

P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Nothing to do with Music! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: