It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unrest in the IB camp?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stan the man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Unrest in the IB camp? Reply with quote

This is going to to be a difficult topic to talk about, but I think it deserves attention so here goes.

Is there unrest in IB camp?

I say this because of the following points -
Its been over three years since TTS.
The alleged disagreement between JB and JM
John Mitchel's workload.
Its well Known that JM is an extremely busy guy and rightly so,but could this be to the detriment of IB moving forward. If so,and I hate to say this but maybe it could be time for JM to move on. (god that was hard to say)
Maybe JB LP and BD have new material and cant get it down due to JMs other work commitments.I know its been a lifelong ambition of JM to play with IB but if his schedule is so full something has to give.

Of course I am purely speculating and I am not a pessimist,but unfortunately its a real posibility,or is this ramble just a result of being starved of new IB material for 3 years.
Pedro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but this doesn't help anyone, does it? Confused
DB

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about one of the band tell us whats happening please
John Gillham

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny how on Frank's site the artist gives loads of information but there aren't many posts and on the It Bites site there are loads of posts but very little info from the artists. Sad
NeilgWhite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedro wrote:
Sorry, but this doesn't help anyone, does it? Confused

It may not help anyone, but it does beg the question does it not?

3 years is a long time to wait for new material from such a newly re-launched band with so much passion. I loved the OATW tour and was there for the recording of the DVD in Carlisle, I waited and waited with other fans for CATH, but in this day and age where there is an expectation for artists and bands to be all over Facebook, Twitter and the like, there is a general consensus amongst fans in this forum, and we are fans, let's not forget, that it doesn't matter that the website is rarely updated, or news of what band members are up is none existent. It's a crying shame that as a rule, if I want to know what's going on with It Bites, you're better off going to the Frost website.....

By the way..... can't wait for the DVD, just wondering how many of us will be left who buy it.
lemmy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point Stan.. I got slaughtered on here a few months ago for suggesting this,, but i have to agree... this is the worst website ever for information about the band.. either the band dont really care about updating fans with some info,, or the people who are managing the website dont care.. the front page hasnt changed for months..

If nothings happening, come out and tell us,, we're all adults ( apart from the usual suspects that go in the huff any time someone says something negative on here ).. I'm sure we can take the bad news without cryine...
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it not obvious, that, at the moment, nothing is happening?
stan the man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lemmy wrote:
Good point Stan.. I got slaughtered on here a few months ago for suggesting this,, but i have to agree... this is the worst website ever for information about the band.. either the band dont really care about updating fans with some info,, or the people who are managing the website dont care.. the front page hasnt changed for months..

If nothings happening, come out and tell us,, we're all adults ( apart from the usual suspects that go in the huff any time someone says something negative on here ).. I'm sure we can take the bad news without cryine...

Cheers lemmy,
There is no way I wish to be negative and some people may think it negative but at this moment in time the subject is totally valid until we are told otherwise.

As you know these threads come up time to time because people do get worried myself included.
Pedro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys.
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No news is good news. . . . . . I think!

Cassandra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do your remember this proverb - "fish stinks from the head" ? By the way here in Russia it sounds the same. It seems to me, this problem stand behind back of the band from the 80's. So, i don't know about situation in It Bites in 80's. But! Who is the head of this "fish" with name It Bites now? I'm not sure it is John Mitchell. Perhaps he could be one of the generators of ideas, but not the Leader! But so so sorry, the "head" which i mean - not born to be a head or leader. I noticed that this person, even when he had chances to be a leader never used that chances. He always prefered to stay in shadow. I'm think everybody guess, who is it? But! I do not blame him! Never! It is his nature. Not everyone can change themselves. And of course, the main problem of the band - bad management. I do not understand why. Musicians shouldn't care about giving information about the band to their fans. It is the job of manager. For example, in "Asia" band, this process is very well-organized. And menager the main person. It is concern to the creative part of the process too. Even if musicians have a new material, somebody must care about release and advertising of it. In case of It Bites the management is asleep at the switch or not exisit. Sad
Anyway, if you still like this band, the only way to have patience to wait for news.
In any case, no one could yet change. So it remains to be patient and wait for any news.
By the way, I maybe have one way to learn the news about the band. I can ask the stars, astrology is my little hobby. Wink
P.S. I'm sorry for my bad English. I'm from Russia. Embarassed
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassandra wrote:
Do your remember this proverb - "fish stinks from the head" ? By the way here in Russia it sounds the same. It seems to me, this problem stand behind back of the band from the 80's. So, i don't know about situation in It Bites in 80's. But! Who is the head of this "fish" with name It Bites now? I'm not sure it is John Mitchell. Perhaps he could be one of the generators of ideas, but not the Leader! But so so sorry, the "head" which i mean - not born to be a head or leader. I noticed that this person, even when he had chances to be a leader never used that chances. He always prefered to stay in shadow. I'm think everybody guess, who is it? But! I do not blame him! Never! It is his nature. Not everyone can change themselves. And of course, the main problem of the band - bad management. I do not understand why. Musicians shouldn't care about giving information about the band to their fans. It is the job of manager. For example, in "Asia" band, this process is very well-organized. And menager the main person. It is concern to the creative part of the process too. Even if musicians have a new material, somebody must care about release and advertising of it. In case of It Bites the management is asleep at the switch or not exisit. Sad
Anyway, if you still like this band, the only way to have patience to wait for news.
In any case, no one could yet change. So it remains to be patient and wait for any news.
By the way, I maybe have one way to learn the news about the band. I can ask the stars, astrology is my little hobby. Wink
P.S. I'm sorry for my bad English. I'm from Russia. Embarassed

And that is one of the strangest posts I have read on here. Question
pink skinny head

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked this very question a few month back..hoping to prompt some kind of answer,and to be told that these sort of questions dont help is ridiculess.I dont feel we are putting any undue preassure on the band to write a new album..far from it..infact i think that as fans we've been extreemly loyal and patient over the years.What i do find hard to understand though is after a very successful reunion of the band(albeit not the full line up)..well attended nationwide tours and a brilliant come back album,why just stop dead in their tracks.Surely when they got the band back together they were looking at more than one studio album..oh,and two live albums.They've lost some of the momentum they'd managed to gain over the last few years......or is it their enthusiasm for the band they've lost....my God,i do hope not.
If any of the band members do read these comments(like we've been told)please let us know whats happening..even if its nowt..If we didnt care about the band this topic wouldnt keep coming up.
Cassandra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonecrusher wrote:
And that is one of the strangest posts I have read on here. Question

Why Mr. Bonecrusher?
My bad English and my incorrectly express of my thoughts in a foreign language? But I told I'm sorry for it.
Or maybe i didn't understand correctly the idea of this topic?
Or any other reason?
I hope You'll explain me, please!

pink skinny head, it seems,
we need find other ways of getting information about the band, if you really need it. This forum is land of nod. Smile
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassandra wrote:
My bad English and my incorrectly express of my thoughts in a foreign language? But I told I'm sorry for it.

Cassandra. . . . . . hi there Very Happy
You never need to say sorry about your use of English on here. You are doing a great job at expressing your thoughts and I'm sure most on here can follow your intended meaning. It's great to hear from fellow It Bites fans from around the world and I appreciate your effort to communicate in a language some of us struggle with! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> It Bites All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: