It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where should the next Forum Musical Day take place?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Musicians and Instruments
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where should we hold the next forum musical extravaganza thingy?
Stratford-upon-Avon (via GMan)
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
Queensbury, West Yorks (via me)
60%
 60%  [ 9 ]
Somewhere else (you can organise it then)
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
I can't make it / Don't want to hear you lot / Who is this It Bites band anyway?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

RacingHippo

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Where should the next Forum Musical Day take place? Reply with quote

It was unanimously agreed at the It Bites Forum Musical Dog Collars Day, our second IB jamfest (see Forum Recording?), that it was an absolute blast and a thing that should definitely be repeated "in a few months".

Mr Superjx10 organised both of the last two events brilliantly, so it's only fair we give the man a rest and get someone else to do it.
Not that I'm volunteering, yunnerstand. I'm just getting the ball rolling. Init.

We're thinking we should do it sometime in August/September, to give us a chance to learn some songs.

The aforementioned superjx10 has pointed out both on here and at the last event that holding events in the Midlands and Reading has meant that uzz folk from Oop North have a job getting there, so maybe we should do the next one up here somewhere. I know just the place...
Except doing so might make it hard to get to for all you puffy Southerners. Razz
*sigh*
You just can please 'em all all the time.

So it comes down to this: either I organise one in West Yorkshire or GMan will do one in Stratford-Upon-Shakespeare. Or you can suggest somewhere else and organise it yourself

So let's put it to the vote (cuz, like, you haven't heard enough about voting in the last month).
superjx10

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks RH for starting this one off.

I'm happy to let go of organising this one, and more than happy to sort the next one, as this will give me time to polish up some of the songs which we weren't too confident with.

Obviously I've had the luxury of looking at the video from session 2. I have a few comments which may help make the next one better, and what I'll do is drop everyone an email with my thoughts. The only one I'll share is that you probably should not invite me to the next one, as my playing was sloppy, and that's being generous! One other thing is - a heartfelt plea for a "proper" singer. we all tried, did our best, but were compromised by our concentrating on 2 things at a time. Does anybody know a singer???????????? (@RH - don't mention RIP, if it's in Queensbury, then we'll drag him kicking and screaming).

So - who will win the power struggle? Will it be a hung forum bash?

One other thought - who would be up for a similar event but Marillion themed? Quite seperate to this? Please PM me if so, and include song suggestions - or give me a call. This will be somewhere north of London and south of Birmingham, as at least myself and tanjobidesu will have to travel. I would post this on the Marillion forum, but I don't think they're quite as friendly....

Finally, sorry it's taking a while to get you all a sample video clip. My son is starting GCSE's so I'm going to have to do it - hopefully this weekend. Please be patient, and watch for a link to Youtube...

DBP Smile

Last edited by superjx10 on Sat May 01, 2010 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
spinal tapboard

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JX10, probably a good idea not to post it on the Marillion forum, unless you've got a thick skin that is. Very Happy
superjx10

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, been savaged there once - all I wanted was a singer for our band... not much to ask.... !
oldmanwithhisangel

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ain't no musician , but Bradford would be very easy for me to get to to video it Very Happy
RacingHippo

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's been a couple of weeks since I started this and as it stands even if the "Somewhere Else"s and the "Stratford"s form a coalition, they still won't exceed West Yorkshire's majority.

I'll give it a couple more days now I've bumped this back into the limelight briefly, and if there's no late votes to swing it I'll start organising something oop north.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Musicians and Instruments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: