It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Glasgow
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graham

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Glasgow Reply with quote

Great night. Unfortunatley in classic It Bites fashion the "Its Japan" cd was not available. Some thing to do with the printing press letting them down...GRRRRRR

Set list spoilers bellow..

Bullet in the Barrell
All in Red
Play Ground
Oh My God
the tall ships
Underneath your pillow (Slightly altered lyrics)
The Wind that shakes
Old man and the angel
Farenhight
Ghosts

Im going to leave it there, as I have it on good authority that the last song wont be played on the rest of the tour.

Any gussess???

Oh also I believe that there were 2 songs that will be played on the rest of the tour that werent played in glasgow.

Any Guesses???
spinal tapboard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing they played This Is Scotland?
stan the man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't believe we never got CATH,must be some reason,if so please explain!!!

Anyway myself and Mrs Stan had a great night,the band were as usual were on top form.Apologies to any one standing behind me as It Bites + beer + vodka = bouncy. Also a wee bit dissapointed not to get a hold of the Japan cd but the signed band photo made up for that.

Support band Aynsley Lister were fantastic as well,dont miss them.In fact after their set all the band members chatted and signed Cds etc which I thought was a nice touch.
batchain
The Dark Knight

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UYP and Faren in the set. Nice. No Lights though. Must say I like that one a lot more than Playground.

B xx Smile
inabsentia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. .that looks like a REALLY short set.. how long did they play for a (very) rough guesstimate has that down around 70 minutes plus whatever they played last...

Off to Manchester in a bit.. is the geezer on first worth turning up for?? Not some acoustic twaddle, is it??
paiste

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inabsentia wrote:
Hmm. .that looks like a REALLY short set.. how long did they play for a (very) rough guesstimate has that down around 70 minutes plus whatever they played last...

Off to Manchester in a bit.. is the geezer on first worth turning up for?? Not some acoustic twaddle, is it??

Not seen him for years, heused to play on the same circuit as my old band about 15 years ago. Bass player in my current band used to play for him. Not heard much of his newer stuff, but from what I've been told worth a listen. Blues based rock. Very good player, but not the voice to match IIRC
HTH Smile
Oh and enjoy the show.
Maybe dime tomorrow????????
stan the man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Paiste say's,Aynsley Lister is a 4 piece blues based rock band with a female bass player.Played an excellent set,and went down very well with a healthy Glasgow crowd.Well worth a listen imo.
Graham

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasnt this is scotland, and they played for about one and half hours.
batchain
The Dark Knight

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The support act should be 30 mins, 40 mins max, imo. I guess it's down to the promoters, but a 90 min It Bites set is on the short side me thinks.

B xx Shocked
Dena
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always up for more It Bites - as are we all, I'm sure! Laughing
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Manchester show was about 1 hour 45 minutes.
ryo's organ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent gig, a few minor tech hitches. even after JM explained that this would be the last song due to the licensing curfew thing-a-me-bob, there was still the good 'ol reliable f**k wit shouting "Whit aboot the f******g encore EH?? God i love Glasgow Laughing . Grabbed a couple of t-shirts plus snazzy flight bag, very nice.
SlowKnee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the Forum Post from Rich J on 27th Feb about Stage tImes for the tour (i.e. a week before the show), it was quite clear that there was a 10pm curfew at the ABC in Glasgow - let alone any need to remind everyone of what happened there last time.

So, for the band to not insist (as I recommended on a separate post a day before the gig itself) that Aynsley cut short his set by 10-15 minutes to allow for the HEADLINE BAND (lest we forget) to give their fans the 1hr45 set most other towns are getting is unacceptable and (dare I say it?) bordering on amateurish.

I am a huge IB fan from way back when and have to say that, much as I enjoyed the show in Glasgow on Friday, when I looked at my watch at 8:05pm as Aynsley was saying "And this is my last song...", I kinda knew how the evening was going to pan out. Not only did we not get the setlisted encore of "Judas", but JB had to chat to JM before (what was going to be) "Rose Marie" to tell him he had to skip a tune from the main set.

Come on guys... I don't know who is Tour Managing you these days, but you should have a word in his/her ear before you play Glasgow again.

If you want to play the ABC, please remember it's a 10pm curfew (always is, always was, always will be) and plan your set lengths for headline and support bands accordingly. If anyone should have had songs cut out of their set, it certainly shouldn't have been the headliners! No offence to Aynsley (who was pretty good) but 'support' (or opening) bands are exactly that. I have played enough support sets to touring bands over the years and know exactly what happens if things look like over-running early in the evening. The opening band sacrifice the length of their set. Easy peasy.

Sort it out. This was pretty unprofessional and a tad disrespectful to the audience in my opinion. Once more, an excellent (if short) set somehow still left a sour taste in many Glaswegians' mouths. It's a real shame, because it had been a great show up til that point - OATW and OMATA were fantastic in particular.

Hopefully folk won't have a go at me for being overly negative or critical. I thought IB were very good, but all that it would have taken for everyone to be happy would have been a smidgeon of organisation, forward planning or discipline. Not too much to ask at 15 per ticket, is it?
SlowKnee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

batchain wrote:
The support act should be 30 mins, 40 mins max, imo. I guess it's down to the promoters, but a 90 min It Bites set is on the short side me thinks.

B xx Shocked

Another sane voice out there! Good lad, Bat!
gazza

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy There was an 11 o'clock curfew at Manchester, which i'm happy to report was broken. I take your point about 40 minute support slots, but when the support is of the calibre of Aynsley Lister, i ( and a few others i might add ) were glad that he got his full hour to showcase his talents. I will be there to watch him ( hopefully for an hour ) again on Wednesday. His new CD Equilibrium is superb. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> It Bites All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: