It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Too much negativity ???
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mooncat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Too much negativity ??? Reply with quote

OK, probably sticking my head up above the parapet a bit here, and I'd like to start out by saying that I understand much of the frustration being felt recently by fans who are desprate for the band to succeed, coz I am one of them.
BUT.
It seems that lately any hiccups or issues are be being blamed on the band or the 'team' supporting them, when there are in some cases other external factors which the band cannot help i.e. cd pressing plants delivering late.

Whilst not belittling any of the work done behind the scenes, IB2010 has lot in common with many bands at present in that it is run almost like a cottage industry, with limited resources(both and people/time) and therefore they do the best they can within those means.
Unfortunately in some cases this obviously means they can't act as quickly as we'd like, to say get CATH available, as the 'normal' rules apply to them for itunes and the like. Yes, Simon Cowell and the massed british media can get these rules bent, but they have a larger audience and moe financial backing to make things happen, and thus the consequences if the rules aren't bent are widespread bad publicity.

I REALLY want everything that IB do to be successful, but I'm more than a little concerned that constant jibes and moaning from there fans could ultimately lead to them deciding that the hassle isn't worth it and then we're back where we were in 2005, no IB!!!!! Crying or Very sad

Embarassed Sorry if this seems like a bit of a rant, and as I said, I'm sure most of the comments are born out of frustratiuon from people who want to see the band succeed, but let's be positive and support the guys, and the 'support team', in whatever way we can.
Rachel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need a FB style 'like' button here. Very Happy
man in a milion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Mooncat! I know we all LOVE IB .....BUT, they are a very small fish in a VERY big pond. I love them for what they are, what they've done and what they (hopefully) will continue to do. They should be congratulated for trying to help the people of Cumbria as I'm sure every penny helps, not lambasted for not getting to number one for God's sake! As for information, well I intend to go to work in the morning, however, any number of things could happen before then that mean I don't...it's called life!

We all know JM has fingers in several pies so production of new material is never going to be prolific, I mean, he has bills to pay too you know. Patience my friends, patience.

Wish people would just be happy we've got this band in our lives and until a new album comes along, I'm more than happy to listen to what they have already produced.
UglyFrog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only comment would be the lack of anything "new" since TTS. A 5th studio album was mooted, what, over a year ago now? The recent tour could have showcased new material - an opportunity missed, methinks - perhaps this is why the audience numbers were down?. Even a "cutting-rooms floor" release, or material "demos" would show an initiative, would sell well, and keep momentum and interest amongst the fans.

Just my 2 cents... Wink
John Mitchell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a full time job producing albums for other artists.

Much as wish that I was in my early 20s without a care in the world and a record company to finance my creative habit, the harsh reality is that It Bites as an entity does not generate enough revenue on which to survive... Thus my career as a music producer has to take priority over everything else.

Just my two cents worth.

John
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I think this thread is a bit or an overeaction. Too much negativity?

Has the Tall Ships album not been brilliantly received?
Have not virtually all the live shows on all the tours gone down a storm?

As as I can see there are a couple of points about the timing of the Glasgow show, a lack of communication and the Aynsley Lister incident, where the criticism is coming from his forum. Personally I couldn't give a toss if he wishes to back out of a few shows.That's about it isn't it?

I hope we aren't getting to the point of being unable to offer constructive criticism.

Onwards and upwards then - album number 5 here we come1
batchain
The Dark Knight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think all posts have been critically constructive recently. I'll have another look.

B xx Wink
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay - they may not have all been constructive, not that I've checked but I don't remember any that have been remotely offensive or any posted by WUMs looking for trouble.
Big Lad

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets be positive. A band that tours twice a year, two live albums,The tall ships,a live Dvd on the way and hopefully a new album on the way.you just can't please some people Laughing
Mooncat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if my original post seems like an overreaction. I just got the feeling that there was a few disgruntled posts regarding the charity CD, the lack of info, the charity gig, the current tour and then the live album. That topped off with with AL situation has led to a few posts in various threads which are 'here we go again' kind of things which I have found frustrating.
Big thanks to JM for his post - I for one appreciate how much time and effort everyone puts in to this band, not just the four guys on stage, but as he points out, there's bills to pay and much as I'm sure he'd like to dedicate ore time to IB, it's not financially viable.
I guess my point was, as a few other people have said, let's be grateful for what we've got as fans since the reformation and cut them some slack every once in a while.
waveydavey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I share your concerns Mooncat. I think things are difficult for a band in IBs position when you have a culture that 'want it here and now' which seems so pervasive these days. Personally I feel that the anticipation makes the end product all the more worth waiting for. As has been mentioned here its not about curtailing opions but being mindful. There is truth in the old addage about reading hundreds of great reviews but being being put off by the bad ones. Seeing these is like driving past a car crash - you can't help but look. I suppose its like any one of us doing our jobs 120% to find your boss saying "Thats great but...". I for one am glad that this band are here and playing with as much verve and energy as they have always done. I can imagine trying to express an adverse opinion to Bob Dalton given his forthright views...you'd end up with a drumstick out your a**e with him saying "Howza bout that for a rimshot then?" (Little joke for all you drummerists there). For the band to get where they are now has been a fantasic achievement. Just look at that for a moment....1) Initial reformation possibilities with FD dashed early days. 2) JM jumps aboard and helps the band get to their rightful place - recording and touring 3) Dick Nolan moving on after the Wath gig - I tell you my a**e was like an SLR camera lens at that time 4) Lee joins and slots in as if hes always been there.

Let alone all the recent stuff posted, its been a helluva ride so far. I have a sneaking susupicion that everyone is behaind the band, even protaganists of the odd jibe here and there Wink . Just be mindful that words can hurt. As for Aynsley, its a shame but there you go. I thought his band were great. I spoke with him after the Leamington gig and the Europe tour they had just finished was as the main act. He certainly played with a self-assuredness that left you in no doubt that he was the main man. Its that attitude that carried IB to greatness and respect. As for a future support slot - not too sure about that in the near future Wink
UglyFrog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting reading all the comments. I still think that new material - if showcased on this recent tour and promoted beforehand - would have substantially boosted crowd numbers. For one, I'd love to see a tour consisting entirely of material from TTS onwards...
waveydavey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All in good time my friend! Breath in for 10......and out for 10.
UglyFrog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impatient, aren't I? You should should see me in the run-up to Christmas... Wink
Daved

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything worthwhile takes time to come to fruition and in the fullness of time I'm sure we'll hear more new music from the band.

I'd like to applaud It Bites for what they have achieved in the last couple of years -the TTS album especially, a series of enjoyable, well attended/ received concerts and the charity effort,(not forgetting everyone behind the scenes in merchandising, artwork etc. and last but not least this forum!).

Hell, ten years ago this is much more than I or anyone else could have wished for and long may it continue.

Finally, Good luck with the Japanese tour lads. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> It Bites All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: