It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I just say
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldmanwithhisangel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Can I just say Reply with quote

with no malice intended,but i have been bobbing along on this forum for a few years now,and there has been some juicey moments,but since Frank started this tour,i can't help wondering about all the newbies that have popped up with their opinions. welcome one and all,but i must say i regard the opinions of people who were here before the new prog thing got off the ground. Where have you all come from ?
Tallblonde

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Can I just say Reply with quote

Cumbria.
Worpswede

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol Tallblonde. I've been looking at the forum from time to time over last couple of years. Its only been this week that I felt like I had something that I really wanted to say. Problem is, now I've opened my gob I can't keep off here.
Tallblonde

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worpswede wrote:
Lol Tallblonde. I've been looking at the forum from time to time over last couple of years. Its only been this week that I felt like I had something that I really wanted to say. Problem is, now I've opened my gob I can't keep off here.

Laughing that tends to happen!!....soon you will move over to facebook hehe
oldmanwithhisangel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy TB
northern_light

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Can I just say Reply with quote

oldmanwithhisangel wrote:
with no malice intended,but i have been bobbing along on this forum for a few years now,and there has been some juicey moments,but since Frank started this tour,i can't help wondering about all the newbies that have popped up with their opinions. welcome one and all,but i must say i regard the opinions of people who were here before the new prog thing got off the ground. Where have you all come from ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4LyoUGxVd8
oldmanwithhisangel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow,you must be one of the last survivors,well done Very Happy
jimfol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldman, as far as I'm concerned I've never felt the need to say anything before, but have been looking at the forum for a couple of years now.
The Kendal gig was the "Last Straw" for me having given FD a chance to liven up(I had to voice my opinion as the level of dissapointment was so high) - I've given up now. Still hoping for a cracking second It Bites album though, I play the Tall Ships regularly as well as the older stuff.
batchain
The Dark Knight

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great we've got all these new forumers lately and everyones' opinions are welcomed. Gives gas-bags like me a rest. It is of course the place to talk/debate about It Bites and Francis Dunnery. A place for like-minded fans to have occasional open and useful discusions, and a bit of banter. There's everything else as well, which may be of interest to some. Football, movies, food, glamour, glitter, prog (including the longest Magenta thread in the world). Quizes, meet-ups, the list goes on. The forum also has five highly experenced and fair moderators to help things run smoothy. There's rarely any problems.

Welcome!

B xx Very Happy
oldmanwithhisangel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said bat ,and welcome jimfol,yeah i appreciate your point about being pushed into saying something, by all accounts FDs latest offering is very ala Marmite Very Happy
I am going to witness said gig tonight,and am rather looking forward to it Very Happy
Big Lad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to join the forum after seeing the newly formed it bites at the classic rock society gig 2006 in Rotherham.You guys have been a source of it bites info for years.I feel i have something to shout about now all the wasted years have made me appreciate the fact that a great band are back together and delivering the goods.We need to spread the word.By the way has anybody heard when the new live cd will be released.
kernowkev

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Can I just say Reply with quote

I've just arrived on the Forum but that's because the Tavistock gig made me rethink my view that IB could not be as good as they were when I first saw them at Guildford Civic Hall 23 years ago. The flip side of the opening thread is that us 'newbies' are coming to the surface because more people are finding that IB are (still) a great band and it has nowt to do with FD at all, even if he has lost it lately. (I think that's post number 8 for me now, at what stage does credibility kick in here please.....)
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Can I just say Reply with quote

kernowkev wrote:
(I think that's post number 8 for me now, at what stage does credibility kick in here please.....)

That'll be number 9. Wink
Tall Ship

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lurked for a while before posting...

Been an It Bites fan since 1986 when I was a teenager in South Africa. Took a chance on a second-hand cassette of the "Big Lad in the Windmill" and was hooked. Finally got to see the band in Manchester in 1990 ... just before they split up. After that I saw Navajo's Kiss, which was terribly disappointing but, as a massive Robert Plant fan, I also got to see Dunnery play with Plant at four different gigs on the "Fate of Nations" tour.

I've bought all of Dunnery's solo albums since then (and also Kino and the reformed It Bites) and finally got to my first House Concert last year.

In all honesty, I don't think Dunnery has produced a flawless solo album -- though "Tall Blonde Helicopter" is pretty consistently great --but each of his albums have had great individual songs. I felt that "Man" was a spotty album (coupla good songs here and there but horrible production) and though "GFB" also had a few great tracks, I felt it was overlong and a tad dull because of the plain acoustic treatment. Although I miss hearing Dunnery rock out, I reckon "There's a Whole New World" is my fave solo record by the man, surpassing "Tall Blonde Helicopter." Apart from the iffy reworking of "Kiss Like Judas," I reckon it's his most consistently good album. At the end of the day, those It Bites melodies still sound great even though they're dressed up differently.

Glad to be enjoying both It Bites and Dunnery.

cheers,
Stephen H
themaclad

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a Bites fan almost from the beginning, 2nd CD ever bought BLITW, got all FD's stuff as well. Didn't realise there was a forum until I checked the website in March this year. That's my excuse anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Francis Dunnery All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: