It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thanks folks, can't wait for the gig in Manchester on Friday

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culpano

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Thanks folks, can't wait for the gig in Manchester on Friday Reply with quote

after reading all the great reviews on here. Crying or Very sad
rob-m

Location: Wandering the Land of Prog. Quite often via a Pub and a Premier Inn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly inspired and enthused by the reviews but will keep an open mind and judge the show by what I see & hear on the night...
spinal tapboard

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the merch desk will be selling cheese to go with all the whine.... Wink
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks folks, can't wait for the gig in Manchester on Fr Reply with quote

Culpano wrote:

Mate I really enjoyed the Wrexham show. I can well see how the new versions will have polarised opinion, but go with an open mind.
jimfol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, you might really enjoy it!! - go with an open mind and I await any opinon with bated breath. Hope the twiddlly bits don't go on too .......long for you though.
oldmanwithhisangel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look out for a little rotund guy with a lovley lady,thats us,if we stay long enough ! We will be in sinclairs before the gig Very Happy
Tallblonde

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Culp - you will have a great night Very Happy
Harry

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks folks, can't wait for the gig in Manchester on Fr Reply with quote

Bonecrusher wrote:
Culpano wrote:

Mate I really enjoyed the Wrexham show. I can well see how the new versions will have polarised opinion, but go with an open mind.

Just back from the Band on the Wall gig and I must admit having read some of the reviews of the CD and previous gigs, I was a bit worried whether I would enjoy it or not. Worry not my friends, Frank was awesome - Like Bonecrusher said, go with an open mind - you won't be disappointed. And be prepared to sing your heart out, you will reap the rewards. Highlights for me were Holiday and Love Will Tear Us Apart, but Sister Sarah and Yellow Christian weren't far behind. I've seen Frank many times over the years and I can honestly say this was the best time I've seen him. The sound was perfect as the acoustics in the Band on the Wall are great, much better than the Academy. Nice to catch up with my fellow forum buddy Andre and meet Dunneryfan who was a thoroughly nice bloke! Take care my IB friends.
ant80

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after reading the reviews on the forum i almost didn't bother going last night....realy glad i did..
yes,the versions are a bit "jazzy" imagine (an it bites love child from a fling with steely dan)..personaly loved it....sound was spot on,playing was great as was the whole atmosphere...as has been said before,go with an open mind and be prepared to sing!
i'll admit to it being my first time seeing francis. on that kinda form it will not be my last!!
new cd writing to i-tunes as i type!

Last edited by ant80 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
oldmanwithhisangel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open mind firmly engaged,add a little alcohol and all will be well Very Happy
Cant wait now,really looking forward to seeing friends old & new
shopwood

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm well looking forward to tonight. I think the new album is great. It doesn't sound like IB but it isn't meant to. It really shows what great melodies they wrote. I thought Love Will Tear Us Apart was a bad idea to cover but how wrong I was, it's stunning. Great news that IB are planning a tour next year too.. All looking very good to me.
Very Happy
ps I'll be proudly wearing my IB forum shirt watching the Man who started the whole thing off Wink Go on Frankie have a good 'un big man
Culpano

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gig was awesome, the venue was brill. I don't know what some people expect. Frank to do magic tricks pulling rabbits out of hats ???

Full review to follow when I have decided how to spend my "Bank of Frank" 5 note Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Francis Dunnery All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: