It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

it bites house concert
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richie Rush

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: it bites house concert Reply with quote

Hey guys

Anyone throwing an it bites house concert in London / South East?

Would be grateful for any details

Best

Richard
Withnail

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Confused Rolling Eyes Laughing
Tallblonde

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: it bites house concert Reply with quote

Hi Richie

The only places i know of so far are Cheshire, Midlands and North East, no doubt there will be some down your way, the schedule seem's to be pretty much day after day from 1st through to 18th October, bound to have some coverage in London.

If i hear anything i will pm ya Wink
Before40

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have requested one (Near Winchester)
Tanjobidesu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before40 - please keep us informed. Assuming the date doesn't clash you'll have at least 2 eager takers (Angelina & myself) - that's just up the road from us! We're very well-behaved, too... Wink
Before40

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanjobidesu wrote:
Before40 - please keep us informed. Assuming the date doesn't clash you'll have at least 2 eager takers (Angelina & myself) - that's just up the road from us! We're very well-behaved, too... Wink

Great! - Was hoping there was some local FD fans out there.
Will let you know in due course.
UglyFrog

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also be interested in going to a house concert (although I wouldn't hold another one myself). Please keep me posted.
batchain
The Dark Knight

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right then. I'm off to my first FD house-concert tonight. Will post a review up later (no spoilers) if I get chance.

B xx Razz
UglyFrog

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See you there, Batsy!

Wink
batchain
The Dark Knight

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from a rather excellent FD HC in Birmingham. A great evening's entertainment and way better value-for-money than the sub-standard TBH tour. FD was on fine form and Dorie on BV's was perfect. Can't give too much away but there were some great IB tales and of course several IB tracks; all were very interesting versions. Ms. Jackson did indicate afterwards that the material for the new album is stylistically somewhat like FD's solo work. We'll have to see, all good stuff. Thanks to Gazza et. al., for inviting me and for being splendid hosts, and to TB who, I understand, helped make the food. Nice to see Percyslice and Uglyfrog again. Next stop, the Robin 2.

B xx Razz
mr busby

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after 23 years of following it bites and francis dunnery, this was my first house concert, and indeed it was a great and truly beautiful night. a MASSIVE thanks to gazza for the invite and the hospitality, great food by the way, and yes the tales of past glories and the philosophies of mr dunnery didn't disappoint. oh, and as for the songs . . . just perfect, and a couple of suprises too. fantastic harmonies from dorie.

at the end of the night i got mr dunnery to play my guitar just so i could keep that memory everytime i pick it up to use. sad ? . . . yes, but do i really care !!!! it'll keep me happy for a long time to come !!! hmm, i wonder if it's possible to collect some of his DNA from the fretboard and have it injected into my fingers . . . thanks again gazza.
backhouse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

our concert tonigh ! yipee

still spaces left if you want to come 07880 540143
percyslice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have fun
dont leave any milk lying around Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cliff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bat, it's SCD season again. That's why I'm enduring self-imposed exile again. (I can hear the bleedin' thing in the background as I type.)
Luckily, I missed the first two weeks as we were on holiday. I was forced to sample the US version, but even SHE didn't like that.

Anyhoo, I remember a few years ago when the original IB reunion with Frank was mooted that it was reported then that he wanted to revamp the old material, so I'm not going to be surprised if the new HCs, tour and album is going to reflect that.

Did the TBH HC in Philly when on hols and it was excellent. But I'd have given your left testicle to do the IB HC. Frank really does do a great anecdotal show.

And, according to him, I'm now Philadelphia's top crack cocaine dealer.
batchain
The Dark Knight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cliff wrote:
Hey Bat, it's SCD season again. That's why I'm enduring self-imposed exile again. (I can hear the bleedin' thing in the background as I type.)
Luckily, I missed the first two weeks as we were on holiday. I was forced to sample the US version, but even SHE didn't like that.

Anyhoo, I remember a few years ago when the original IB reunion with Frank was mooted that it was reported then that he wanted to revamp the old material, so I'm not going to be surprised if the new HCs, tour and album is going to reflect that.

Did the TBH HC in Philly when on hols and it was excellent. But I'd have given your left testicle to do the IB HC. Frank really does do a great anecdotal show.

And, according to him, I'm now Philadelphia's top crack cocaine dealer.

Cliff!!!!. Not only is SCD in the background here but there's a running commentary from Mrs. Chain. Topics include, weight loss, joint stress, and Anton's still there. It's doing my head in! Laughing

FD's IB/Human Ego show was great; gather from those who had been to other HCs that it was less intense (philosophically) than previous, and even better. I enjoyed every minute. What a guitarist.

B xx Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Francis Dunnery All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: