It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bored of Dunnery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Withnail

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Dunnery Reply with quote

Yep.......How wonderful it is to be married to a Phys,pysco,b*llocks a head doctor.Getting analysed over your shreddies every morning.How about Celebrity deathmatch......My wife v's Frank Dunnery.I dont believe a word of that psychology crap................Its all in the head Laughing
ryo's organ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting............don't believe a word of that psychology crap eh.....are you sure?
gazza

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hope no-one dives in on you Top hats and welcome and happy posting. The topic of why now has cropped up before, and i don't think anyone is any the wiser, but Frankie is Frankie and they are his songs - so he can do whatever he likes with them and when. All i will say is that IB are a cracking band and ( if anything ) deserve more acclaim for the music they are now producing. But like a lot of other people on this forum ( and here is where the choice is yours ), we are not taking our eye off Frankie either because he is capable of doing something equally as brilliant. There's enough room for everyone musically, so let's embrace all of it.
Withnail

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryo's organ wrote:
Interesting............don't believe a word of that psychology crap eh.....are you sure?

Most people who end up becoming Psychologists are people who are that full of personnel 'hang ups' its unbelievable.If you ever bump into one,bear with them, lend them an ear,have sympathy because they need lots of counselling from balanced people.They enter this profession in the first place not initially to help others but to try and get answers to their own problems that have deluded them for years.These people need our help Laughing
gazza

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I can picture your misses chasing you round your gaff right now Jeff. Very Happy
Withnail

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Pam Reply with quote

She aint seen this post yet mate but if i find my 'balls' under my pillow 2morrow morning i will let you know in a kind of high pitched voice Laughing Laughing
spinal tapboard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cardiacs - coming onto an internet forum claiming the existence of "balanced people" was hardly the wisest of moves now, was it? Laughing
Withnail

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: wise people Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing
gazza

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy What you probably don't know ST is that Jeffs missus is very much into the old pschology herself. Gotta say Jeff, she came across as a well balanced and lovely lady to me. I'll be listening out for the high pitched squeek mate. Twisted Evil Very Happy
Top Hats & Dog Collar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He gave himself an 'out' as he very carefully inserted the word 'most' at the beginning of that post. Everybody has a few hang-ups, but a lot of people are in denial bout their own. I know I have some issues Embarassed - wih my childhood & earlier yrs it's a bloody miracle that I'm not on serious meds lol!!! But my hubbie has made a very valid point - most psychologists do get interested in the subject in an attempt to try to understand themselves; unfortunately a lot get that involved with everybody elses issues, or making money, that they forget why they became interested in the 1st place. I wanted 2 understand why people act in certain ways & try to stop a cycle from re-occuring. It's all about taking responsiblity & saying 'the buck stops here'; rather than using the past & its effects upon yourself as an excuse to continue acting in an inappropriate manner.
On the subject of FD, I take your point that he did co-write the material & therefore has every right to perform those songs, as he has done over the last 19yrs; no issue with that at all. My issue is why did he now feel the need to call himself & his backing band the 'New It Bites' for even a short time. Not surpried he changed it........... Wink
Withnail

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Hang ups Reply with quote

Psychologists!!!!

Cardiacs singing...................'I got you,eating out of my hand' Cool Laughing
gazza

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most of us have screwed up at some point in our lives Top hats, and Frankie would be the first one to put his hands up and admit it. I know
diddly squat about pschology or philosophy, but take your word for it when you say you are educated in it ( i'm beginning to feel sorry for Jeff now ). I did try and read a book on philosophy once, just to try and see where Frankie was coming from ( and i did get enough out of it to write a song, so i guess it kinda worked subconciously ), but i must confess the subject left me cold ( everyone to their own ), and i ended up giving the book to Frankie years ago. As for the constant name changes - who knows, your guess is as good as mine. Very Happy
batchain
The Dark Knight

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top Hats & Dog Collar wrote:
On the subject of FD, I take your point that he did co-write the material & therefore has every right to perform those songs, as he has done over the last 19yrs; no issue with that at all. My issue is why did he now feel the need to call himself & his backing band the 'New It Bites' for even a short time. Not surpried he changed it........... Wink

Erm, he hasn't changed it. The band is called "The Brand New It Bites".

B xx Smile
Withnail

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: it bites Reply with quote

Cup of Petulance anyone?

Peter Gabriel apparently is forming a new band, you'll never guess what its called Laughing

Wonder who Franks going to replace John Beck with Laughing Laughing Laughing
gazza

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy The old testament lol Very Happy . Frankie's pianist is Tom Brislin. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Francis Dunnery All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: