It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Snippet of info from JM

View previous topic :: View next topic  
urris

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Snippet of info from JM Reply with quote

From a current dprp.net interview about the new Kino cd

My apologies in advance for what is possibly a typical question, but considering that the first Kino album led to the reunion of It Bites, with you in the lead singer/guitarist role, is there any chance of more It Bites releases in the future? Your two studio albums with the band were outstanding, so I would selfishly say, as a fan, that it would be great to hear some new It Bites music.

I was speaking to Bob Dalton and John Beck about the possibility only last week. Bob is busy working on remastering some live It Bites shows from the 80s, which he's hoping to release soon. So, let's see what happens after that.

http://www.dprp.net/reviews/2018-015
nitsypee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumb Up
rob-m

Location: Wandering the Land of Prog. Quite often via a Pub and a Premier Inn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked
orangefiltersky

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JM`s short remark sounds rather lukewarm to me. If JM really wanted to write another IB album he could start any day without hesitation and I guess JB would be up for it any day, too. There`s no need to wait until BD has finished the remastering stuff.
But at least there`s a sign of hope for another IB album. It would be a fantastic surprise to see this happening after all those years.
I`m still surprised that Thomas Waber from InsideOut brought up the possibility of another KINO album one year ago (12 years after Picture), because in my eyes another IB album would have been less far-fetched only five years after MOTP. And, after all, IB are a real band with a long history and JM and JB writing together (!), whereas KINO are just two individual writers with a guest drummer and a guest keyboarder (so not a real band in the true sense of the word) and with only one album under their belt. So I didn`t see another KINO album coming.
Some of their songs are quite good but JB`s writing input is clearly missing when compared to the IB material of TTS or MOTP.
Anyway, "The Dead Club" would have been a great IB song imo, btw. I listen to that quite a lot.
So, JM and JB: Please start writing together NOW. Don`t wait cos we are all mortal. Very Happy
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having read JM's latest interview in prog magazine, I would say there is no chance of another IB album.
nitsypee

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonecrusher wrote:
Having read JM's latest interview in prog magazine, I would say there is no chance of another IB album.

That doesn't sound good. Can you tell us a bit more?
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically says it was always Franks band, he was the face of it and he was treading water doing this he shouldn't have been for some years. When they wrote songs they were discussing whether it sounded enough like It Bites and the best songs they wrote were the ones that didn't sound like It Bites. Off the top of my head it was something like that.
nitsypee

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see. I guess what he says makes sense. And he has plenty of other options rather than doing another It Bites album. Crying or Very sad
orangefiltersky

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this interview there`s another interesting remark: JM says that after MOTP it was clear that there would be no IB album in the foreseeable future, so Thomas Waber from InsideOut suggested he should do something else and that`s why he started Lonely Robot.
But why in the world was it clear after MOTP that there would be no new IB album? Wasn`t it a successful album, after all? I thought back then the most logical move would be to write and record another one asap.
What incident or circumstances prevented the band from carrying on? Does anybody know? What happened behind the scenes?
Time and again JM said that JB was a true "genius" and he enjoys working with him. So I don`t believe that there was a major dispute between the two of them.
Could Bob Dalton be the reason? Hard to imagine.
Or were there too many nay-sayers among the fans who claimed that IB were only complete with Francis Dunnery? But could JM really be bothered by these people?
So why was it clear that IB would basically stop after MOTP? I`m bewildered. (Dena, do you know anything about this subject matter? You seem to be rather close to the band.)
orangefiltersky

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this interview there`s another interesting remark: JM says that after MOTP it was clear that there would be no IB album in the foreseeable future, so Thomas Waber from InsideOut suggested he should do something else and that`s why he started Lonely Robot.
But why in the world was it clear after MOTP that there would be no new IB album? Wasn`t it a successful album, after all? I thought back then the most logical move would be to write and record another one asap.
What incident or circumstances prevented the band from carrying on? Does anybody know? What happened behind the scenes?
Time and again JM said that JB was a true "genius" and he enjoys working with him. So I don`t believe that there was a major dispute between the two of them.
Or were there too many nay-sayers among the fans who claimed that IB were only complete with Francis Dunnery? But could JM really be bothered by these people?
So why was it clear that IB would basically stop after MOTP? I`m bewildered. (Dena, do you know anything about this subject matter? You seem to be rather close to the band.)
urris

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question
Dena
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangefiltersky wrote:

I know that when I spoke to JM and JB on the MOTP tour, they were full of enthusiasm after the album and were keen to do another one. JM even did a demo for possible inclusion on the 'next' album. However, with various other things going on at the time, it looks like JM and JB found it too difficult to get enough time together to write again. I know that Bob also stated on Facebook that IB won't record again. However, I also know that you can never say never where the band are concerned. Whilst I personally think it's unlikely anything will happen for the foreseeable, I guess the planets *might* align one day and we'll see the guys working together again - but that's just my opinion. Smile
orangefiltersky

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Dena, for your enlightenment about the state of affairs. It`s really kind of sad - all this energy that went into rebranding IB and then stopping after such a great album like MOTP. I hesitate to say "wasted" energy, because at least we got two great new albums from these efforts. But for a second time after 1990 one gets the impression that IB again did not harvest the success (not nearly!) they really deserved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> It Bites All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: