It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Manchester Apollo 6.4.1990

View previous topic :: View next topic  
urris

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Manchester Apollo 6.4.1990 Reply with quote

On this day 27 years ago it Bites played a stunning set at the Manchester Apollo. Some kind soul made a great recording of the gig.

I'll be playing my copy tonight in memory of my dear friend Tony Martin who was fortunate enough to be at the gig, and kind enough to not only give me his ticket for my collection, but give me a copy of the gig.
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at that gig. Great night.
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact I distinctly remember them opening up with Bullet In The Barrel and thinking who on earth opens with a B side?
urris

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonecrusher wrote:
In fact I distinctly remember them opening up with Bullet In The Barrel and thinking who on earth opens with a B side?

And a stunning version it is too.
dabzuk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to a few in Manchester around this time, was this the gig where Frank went off on one on his own on the acoustic guitar while the rest of the band had a break? He was playing some blistering stuff then he'd stop suddenly, cue large cheer, then blistering lick again, stop, big cheer, this went on for a while then I remember him stopping suddenly with a giggle and said something like.."I'm not supposed to be doing this, the lads will be going mental" I think he then went on to play still to young to remember....could have been the Free Trade Hall....? Memory is fudged....Either way I deffo went to the Apollo gig, although for some reason I've got it in my head that I have seen them at the Apollo twice...could be wrong. Thanks for reminding me of a great night all the same.
kulich

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could not have been there so I went just now to listen ... one thing I always liked was intro music and IB always did their segue well.

Most bands don't start like that.

Saw Yes every time they came to Vancouver and the anticipation would ramp so high when the Firebird started. Perhaps wasn't the only high thing there.

P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> It Bites All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: