It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum History Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Nothing to do with Music!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob-m

Location: Wandering the Land of Prog. Quite often via a Pub and a Premier Inn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject: Forum History Question Reply with quote

I was musing the other day, as you do, on the history of this very forum.

I'm trying to remember how I actually discovered it and my memory being what it is I'm a little unclear. I can see I registered in 2006but I'm sure there was a previous version that ran for a while and was discontinued?

I seem to remember finding the forum sometime around when Kino had released 'Picture' and that led me into the wonderful world of It Bites and what is now a whole extended family of good friends!

I bet Dena and/or Bat have all the stats at their fingertips.....

Very Happy
Dena
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, that's a good question, Rob *ponders*. I suspect Rich might have a more detailed answer to your question as he knew the band at the time and was quite involved with Kino as well. Your musings about a previous forum seem to ring a bell but my memory on that is hazy.

Personally, I was quite in limbo after IB split in the early 90s and regularly trawled t'internet for any news (ever the optimist!). I think I might have been led here via Mandy's IB page (don't quote me on that), but I *do* seem to remember registering in a fit of excitement having heard about forthcoming live gigs that year. I also remember when I registered that I was living in the Isle of Man but managed to get to the Islington gig with some Reading-based friends.

Strangely, as the opposite to yourself, Rob, I discovered Kino and JM's other works due to his involvement with IB. Kicked myself at the time for missing some corking gigs...!
rob-m

Location: Wandering the Land of Prog. Quite often via a Pub and a Premier Inn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I thought Rich might have some of the answers! I might send him a message on FB actually.....

Kino was the catalyst for me. As you know I wasn't an IB fan back in the day ( to my shame) but seeing three quarters of IB in Kino opened my eyes...the rest is history
Very Happy
Btw I spotted Rich at the RAH recently at a SW gig and me and Russ HD had a brief chat. Really cool to see him!
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dena wrote:

Strangely, as the opposite to yourself, Rob, I discovered Kino and JM's other works due to his involvement with IB. Kicked myself at the time for missing some corking gigs...!

Bogus... I saw Kino twice and they were great both times.
Dena
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonecrusher wrote:
Bogus... I saw Kino twice and they were great both times.

Yeah, that's right. Rub it in... Wink Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Nothing to do with Music! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: