It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

25th Anniversary

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dressedinblack

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject: 25th Anniversary Reply with quote

It Bites Bristol Colston Hall April 8th 1990. I believe this was the last date with Frank (except Union Chapel!) I was there and remember being fired with enthusiasm for "Wild Country" and "Summertime" as well as all the wonderful live energy of all the "old" stuff.
Then that was it. Feels like yesterday.
(Coincidentally; April 8th 1980: first time I saw Genesis Trentham Gardens, Stoke. Jeepers.... THAT feels like yesterday too! Can't remember what I had for breakfast today, though.)
Dena
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the Hammy O gig that same month (I had to lie to my parents to get there), but I can't remember the exact date (I think I might still have the ticket somewhere - I must check!).

I also have a feeling, though, that there were Christmas gigs that same year and they were possibly the last dates with the original line up?
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dena, these April dates were the last with the original line up. I went to the Manchester Apollo pm April 6th.
The christmas dates were at the end of 1989 a few months before that. I remember it well as that It Bites gig on the christmas tour was my first gig. And I can still remember the first few bars of KLJ like it was yesterday.
Sav

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I bumped into Frank at LA Airport on 21 July 1990 (I remember cos it was my birthday)...And he told us he had left the band Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Spent a very long and incredibly boozy flight back to London with him asking why, and telling him he was wrong....LOL

Stewart
Dena
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonecrusher wrote:
Dena, these April dates were the last with the original line up. I went to the Manchester Apollo pm April 6th.
The christmas dates were at the end of 1989 a few months before that. I remember it well as that It Bites gig on the christmas tour was my first gig. And I can still remember the first few bars of KLJ like it was yesterday.

It was so traumatic I've obviously blocked it out..... Wink
kulich

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note - I've been working my way through the recent box set and surprisingly finding little to chew on. It could be these are re-mastered in some modern way or it could be the return of my suspicion that IB were far better live than in the studio. Coming very late to the table, and through the filter of the Kevin Gilbert forum, I remember it took quite a few tries to like the band. Underneath My Pillow from the Town and Country video got me in and the rest followed. I have the live CD left from the box set and I'll be away downstairs to see what this century has done to it.

P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> It Bites Live All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: