It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sentbox vs. Outbox...the difference?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geof

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject: Sentbox vs. Outbox...the difference? Reply with quote

I have never had any problems sending a PM to another member or a mod, but in the past two weeks, three messages I've tried to send including one to a mod have wound up in this Outbox, rather than in the Sentbox. It doesn't appear messages in this Outbox have actually been sent, as I have received no responses. What is the purpose of the Outbox, and how do I get the messages sent as I have in the past?

Sorry to bring this up in the forum, but as mentioned, when I wrote mod RichJ asking about this privately, it never appears to have been sent and I received no reply. It's just sitting in the Outbox. What's going on?!!
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is RichJ still involved? Haven't seen much of him on here for ages.

Dena will be the one to help.
Geof

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just did attempt to send a PM to Dena, I clicked on "Submit" and then it showed my message went...into the Outbox, but not the Sentbox. Hopefully they'll either receive it or at least see this thread.

I am rather baffled no one else has run into this or for that matter, weighed in on this topic. Along with an Inbox and a Saved, which both make sense, does everyone's PM page also have both a Sentbox AND an Outbox? And no one is curious as to why, or what the difference is and what function they serve?
batchain
The Dark Knight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The outbox has always been there. As I remember messages sit there until the recipient opens the pm, then your message transfers to your sentbox. So basically your pm's have not been read yet. The recipient(s) should have received an email to indicate there is a pm waiting for them; there may be a glitch with this, not sure. I've just checked and have several pm's in my outbox dating back to 2007!

B xx Very Happy
soundslike1924

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://sites.google.com/site/guitarorchestratradingpage/home

Last edited by soundslike1924 on Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Dena
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geof - check your inbox! I've got the PM and I've replied with what I hope is the solution. Smile
Geof

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dena. Yes, the message I'd sent to you is now in the Sentbox. My Inbox is only 8% full, and Sentbox 16%, so no issues there...

So I guess now I just have to wait until pete and frenchyphil check their messages I sent to them many weeks ago since neither has apparently been on here recently.
Dena
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's either that or maybe the inboxes have reached capacity. Hopefully they'll notice this thread and check!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> It Bites All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: