It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prog Splash update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
It Bites

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Prog Splash update Reply with quote

Prog Splash news! Due to Mr Poms and Nathan both having other commitments, our very talented friend, Steve Mills, has agreed to take on bass duties for this gig. We're very pleased to be joining Mr So & So and Mostly Autumn on the bill, and it all kicks off from 4pm on 7 June. Come join us!

http://www.picturedrome.net/tickets/Holmfirth%20Prog%20Splash%202014/20140607.htm
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking of Mr So and So. I just checked them out and quite enjoyed this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap2otgD71oE
Dena
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren Redick has played a few Mr So & So songs and they're pretty good! I'm looking forward to seeing them (and our boys, obviously) live. It's less than a month away and I'm very impatiently waiting to get my IB fix again.
Hilary

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bother! Going to have to miss this one. Hubby's shift pattern has taken a mauling. First it was a weekend off, then an 'early' weekend and now it is set in stone as a weekend of late shifts. New rules also mean that he can't take a day's leave. GUTTED!
Dena
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no! Sad Don't you just hate it when work gets in the way of real life?
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cancelled...
alanfuss

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The end me thinks ?
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't go that far - why would it be the end. It just seems a bit ridiculous (if not highly unfortunate). Its a bit of an odd show to do really sandwiched in the middle of nothing. I can't help thinking they would be better doing another record and then going out to play it.
misteroman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't JB just get a better offer?
gazza

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Define better Question besides, i don't think it will be to the detriment of It Bites. JM plays with that many bands i've lost count, nothing wrong with JB earning a few sheckles during IB downtime, if i could play like he does..i'd do the same Laughing Laughing
Dena
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

misteroman wrote:

Depeneds on whenther you consider Fish to be a better offer...?

For the record, Fish and JM were liaising before Fish offered JB the gig. I was there whilst Fish and JM were exchanging texts and I read some of them. JM was wholeheartedly endorsing JB, so it really wasn't a case of JB accepting another offer; he accepted it on the proviso that the tour didn't get in the way of the Holmfirth gig.

I hope that clarifies.
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

misteroman wrote:

I think this is a bit churlish and questions the integrity of the band - bollocks in my opinion.

My point about it being farcical was due to the fact that it seemed ridiculous not to have 30 yrs worth of programming backed up at least once, if not twice. Superjx10's detailed post in another thread usefully sheds some light on this and the technology behind it.

I still find it hard to believe you could make that mistake with something which is clearly VERY precious, but hey ho, we all make mistakes and long term is it that big a deal? There are some posts on this forum without mentioning them specifically which certainly puts a cancelled gig + into perspective.

I am a consumer of It Bites music. I am not their mates, although some of the people, I know on here do know the band well. I totally respect them as musicians, but personally I don't have a relationship with them. Yes my farcical point was a bit critical, I don't feel the need to be supportive at this point - on the other hand I didn't mean to act completely disrespectful, it was just my initial reaction.

For me it still seemed an odd choice of gig for the band to do, especially when Lee and Nathan were not available - just how many bass players can a band have?

However...
I'm sure they will produce a new album at some point.
I'm sure it will be bloody good.
In the meantime I can wait. 10 years ago there was no It Bites - since then we've had 2 top notch original albums, a couple of good live CD's and a dodgy DVD (but that's another story).

If a new album is going to take time (and that's fair enough, I understand they have a living to make and other priorities) how about a short tour showcasing the EMISL album? Just a thought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> It Bites Live All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: