It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Francis Dunnery, Dave Kerzner, Lee Pomeroy... Steve Hackett!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squids

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Francis Dunnery, Dave Kerzner, Lee Pomeroy... Steve Hackett! Reply with quote

Francis also guested with them last night. This is a clip from last weekend in Chicago. Guesting with Steve Hackett's Genesis Revisited show. Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHceLGvUF8E

I've been slowly luring Francis back in to the Prog. He blames me for it. Wink Wait until you hear his new album by the way. Sounds incredible. The guitar tone and the playing is wicked!

Oops forgot the o in Pomeroy. Nice guy. He really had the Rutherford bass thing down.
Dena
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Francis Dunnery, Dave Kerzner, Lee Pomeroy...Steve Hackett! Reply with quote

Squids wrote:
Oops forgot the o in Pomeroy.

Sorted Wink
Squids

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright! Thanks Dena.

So apparently Francis had a great time playing with Hackett again. He said he thought Lee was fantastic as was everyone else.

Another Frank update... his new album. WOW! I just heard a guitar solo on one of the tracks and it is literally one of the best guitar solos I've ever heard. Up there with Page, Gilmour, Holdsworth... and I don't say that lightly. I'm picky about guitar solos and this is just gorgeous! You haven't heard him play like this since "Once Around The World". I said "Dude, you need to play a solo like that on one of my tunes!!!!!" haha. So hopefully he will. There's nothing like a great musician when they are in "the zone". He's captured some very real playing on this album.

Anyway, I have this beautiful song I'm working on that I want him to sing and I'm gonna see if I can get both Francis and Steve Hackett to play on it. Two of my favorite guitarists and people I've met in this crazy music biz.
stan the man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

an excelent endorsement for francis new album dave......without being patronising,if its half as good as "dimensionaut" i'll be a happy man.
Squids

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stan the man wrote:
an excelent endorsement for francis new album dave......without being patronising,if its half as good as "dimensionaut" i'll be a happy man.

Thanks. It's not anything like Dimensionaut at all! Haha. Although actually I'm working on some original tunes with my project Sonic Elements and some have Nick D'Virgilio on drums with Francis potentially singing lead and that would be more in that territory stylistically because I'm writing. On Frank's new electric prog record I don't write or play on it at all. Would have been cool to do it but I just let him do his thing and don't push it on him. He keeps me in the loop anyway as friends and I offer my opinion (not that it would matter! haha. He does what he wants... jk).

The album has a very retro rock feel to it especially because of the reworked Necromandus tunes honoring his big bro Baz. A lot of love and passion is in this record. Some great guitar playing as well with the electric being fully embraced and that's something I think I helped with by getting him set up with IK Multimedia's AmpliTube software. He had so much fun with that even playing through his iPhone. Although the album has some of that and some real amps as well... and he was very VERY meticulous about the guitar sound. It was interesting to hear what his quest was about too... has to do with getting the right amount of grit and distortion without ruining the ability to HEAR the notes of a chord still. That's not always that easy to get! But he's very happy with the guitar sound and I gotta say it sounds pretty darn awesome to me as does the whole record which is very "real" sounding. It has a raw energy to it without at all sounding "produced".

Now, my music tends to sound rather "produced" and that's a typical keyboard player's omnipotent style! haha. Although I like to keep things "real" by laying it in live and avoiding sequencing when I can get away with it.
gazza

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Nice one Dave, shame you're coming to the charity weekend this year though, think it's gonna be a cracker mate. Congrats on the SOC album too btw, fantastic album Very Happy
orangefiltersky

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic to read your epic posts again, Squids, you are telling us so much from an inside perspective. It`s almost like reading a blog. I can`t wait for your solo album with Francis singing and playing on it. Very Happy (Don`t know if you remember me, you were kind enough to have a chat with me for almost half an hour after the gig in Pratteln, Switzerland, a few months ago. It was great to talk with a super nice guy like you who`s equally a huge Genesis and It Bites fan, who`s also into Porcupine Tree just like me.)
Squids

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on. Just talked to Francis today about the two of us touring a bit next year, possibly with a small string orchestra. Some old Genesis, some FD tunes, some IB and maybe even a couple of mine in there too. Ohhhhh yeahhhhhhh. Could be fun! Maybe we'll have Dorie with us too. Gonna be a fun year 2014! Plus I'm releasing a lot of tracks with Francis on them. He's on fire! He actually blames me for dragging his ass back into Prog. I suspected it but he told me it was all my fault... plus he always wanted to make that album for his brother. The title track was almost going to be on something I was working on... at least the first version of it. I hesitated for a split second and he said "Nope, I'm doing it!" and then he sang me the main riff (way before he recorded it). It was really cool. But I'm glad he recorded it on this album. Great track!
gazza

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I know Frank is doing a spring tour with his band next year Dave, hope this is the one you're talking about, although i did hear rumours there might be a couple of tours Question Be cool to see you again anyway, and would look forward to hearing some of the sonic elements stuff too Very Happy
kulich

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll know you're finally in the band when you get to shave your head Smile

Actually, thinking of string ensembles brings to mind suit and tie, which might be a refreshing bit of stage theatre.

Do come to BC, or at least Seattle, though I guess that's up to the management.

P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Francis Dunnery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: