It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Walls, Oswestry

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sf-69

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: The Walls, Oswestry Reply with quote

What can I say... what an absolutely "sensational" gig last night. Probably THE best Francis Dunnery gig that I have ever been to.

He played a good mix of songs off the new album, which (even though recycled from his Brother's old band, Necromandus) sound incredibly lively and fresh (if you like your prog and are fans of the kind of sound made by the likes of Hatfield and The North and Big Big Train?), and also a nice selection of stuff from Tall Blond Helicopter too, which was good to hear again.

All in all, a brilliant night's entertainment - with a 2-course meal to boot!

Also good to see Francis taking the p*** out of himself about his more recent projects, putting it down to "pushing himself creatively".
It's not for everyone I know, but fair play to him for trying something new.

To be fair, if he'd have recorded the Made In Space album in the style of how he played last night, it would probably have been a corker!

Looking forward to seeing him again in Bilston a week on Sunday Smile

Also was nice to see Bonecrusher and his wife again too.
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with all that. Cracking night all round and a most excellent fish pie! Only disappointment was he didn't play Sunflowers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Francis Dunnery All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: