It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

orcas feeding on the west coast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Nothing to do with Music!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kulich

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: orcas feeding on the west coast Reply with quote

Heard about this video on the radio this morning - transient orcas feeding on sea lions near Tofino. The title is a bit misleading since orcas don't feed on surfers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOtntDW0KnM

We used to live here before our move to town, not that I ever surfed, but we went to Muscle Beach to camp or hike quite often.

P
gazza

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy It looks cold Pete Laughing beautiful creatures to watch though mate Very Happy
kulich

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's no colder than walking around Ennerdale in the rain - and you dress for it. Mind, you'll not catch a true westcoaster with an umbrella.

Those whales were something else. I saw at least 50 dolphins feeding on herring the last time I took the ferry to the mainland. It's nice to know global climate change hasn't won quite yet.

I continue to think of the west side of the Lake District; that was magical too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Nothing to do with Music! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: