It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MOTP or TTS

View previous topic :: View next topic  

TTS or MOTP...which is your favorite
TheTall Ships
48%
 48%  [ 15 ]
Map of the Past
51%
 51%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 31

pink skinny head

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: MOTP or TTS Reply with quote

I know Map of the Past is only barely 4mnths old compared to The Tall Ships nearly 4yrs old..but which one do you prefer..and why?

As much as i loved TTS for many reasons..lots of wonderful songs,It Bites first album for many many years ect,and still love it,MOTP for me is the best of the post Dunnery era.I still find it difficult to take it out of the cd player in the car..and when i do..its not for long.I just think its brilliant from start to finish........but what do you guys think,hence the poll.As you can see,this is purely post Dunnery..and voting on two classic albums...but which is your favorite.
waveydavey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow PSH. Its like asking my favourite time to breath. I have had to go with Map of the Past because as soon as I played the album, it jumped out at me at first listen and continues to compel after multiple listenings. Like your good self I am not decrying The Tall Ships at all as there are truly moments of briliance on there and I still get much milage out of listening to that album. I feel MOTP has some superb writing and the song structures and textures are beyond compare.
nitsypee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waveydavey wrote:
Wow PSH. Its like asking my favourite time to breath. I have had to go with Map of the Past because as soon as I played the album, it jumped out at me at first listen and continues to compel after multiple listenings. Like your good self I am not decrying The Tall Ships at all as there are truly moments of briliance on there and I still get much milage out of listening to that album. I feel MOTP has some superb writing and the song structures and textures are beyond compare.

I feel exactly the same, but swapping the 2 albums around. TTS for me.
alanfuss

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Chosing Reply with quote

Couldnt possibly choose, put both albums into an i pod playlist and hit shuffle , best of both worlds Wink
Dena
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a massively difficult choice, but for me (for today, at least), MOTP edges it over TTS. I still can't stop playing MOTP....!
alanfuss

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Anyway Reply with quote

We dont really have to decide do we anyway Confused
Idiosyncrasy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's The Tall Ships for me. I love Map of the Past to bits, but TTS is a perfect album IMO, and there a couple of tracks on MOTP that aren't as much to my taste as the others. Bloody good album though. The Last Escape is one of my favourite It Bites tracks ever.

- Danny.
shopwood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could not possibly choose. They're both superb albums, in my opinion the best music I've heard in the last twenty years.
waveydavey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second that Shopwood. There is not a great deal around these days that gets the musical juices going than IB does. Very Happy
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shopwood wrote:
Could not possibly choose. They're both superb albums, in my opinion the best music I've heard in the last twenty years.

I love It Bites but that is some statement.
essexboyinwales

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonecrusher wrote:
shopwood wrote:

Agreed, that is some statement to make Shocked But that doesn't mean it isn't right Razz

The last twenty years: wow, that's a lot of music! For me, several IQ albums and Ayreon's Into The Electric Castle and the Human Equation would be hard to top Cool And that's off the top of my head.

For me, at the moment, TTS is still some way ahead of MOTP. For some reason, MOTP just hasn't clicked for me yet. I played TTS to death when I got it, but I've found it quite easy to take MOTP out of my car stereo. I can hear that's it very good though..............
waveydavey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

essexboyinwales wrote:
Bonecrusher wrote:
shopwood wrote:

Agreed, that is some statement to make Shocked But that doesn't mean it isn't right Razz

The last twenty years: wow, that's a lot of music! For me, several IQ albums and Ayreon's Into The Electric Castle and the Human Equation would be hard to top Cool And that's off the top of my head.

For me, at the moment, TTS is still some way ahead of MOTP. For some reason, MOTP just hasn't clicked for me yet. I played TTS to death when I got it, but I've found it quite easy to take MOTP out of my car stereo. I can hear that's it very good though..............

Thats the same for me but the other way around. I was instantly hooked with MOTP but needed several plays with TTS. So whats that down to? Accessibility of songs? Musical structure? Who knows. I find I need to listen to things a few times to fully appreciate them, but MOTP clicked. I listened to the album in its entirety live first of all before hearing the studio version. Maybe that has something to do with it.
essexboyinwales

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waveydavey wrote:
essexboyinwales wrote:

Thats the same for me but the other way around. I was instantly hooked with MOTP but needed several plays with TTS. So whats that down to? Accessibility of songs? Musical structure? Who knows. I find I need to listen to things a few times to fully appreciate them, but MOTP clicked. I listened to the album in its entirety live first of all before hearing the studio version. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I guess we're all different Rolling Eyes

One thing I do know is that if packaging won awards, the booklet that goes with MOTP would definitely win awards; it's stunning Cool
Dena
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

essexboyinwales wrote:
One thing I do know is that if packaging won awards, the booklet that goes with MOTP would definitely win awards; it's stunning Cool

Vit P will be well stoked to hear that! Smile
Moth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More or less equal for me, but with Tall Ships just edging it....

love

Moth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> It Bites All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: