It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JM to quit It Bites??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanger wrote:
Great..can we have some proper Kino music now..without the IB baggage.
John Mitchell wrote:
. . . . . of all the things I have ever been involved in the writing of, this is the thing which I am most proud of. . . .

John Mitchell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: JM to quit It Bites?? Reply with quote

Bonecrusher wrote:
airia wrote:
Nice Publicity stunt from John i'm sure

From Twitter:-

"It Bites. I quit. See you f*cking later".

I haven't got a lot of time for this sort of thing. As a publicity stunt it's a bit pathetic. If it is a 'vent' it's even more pathetic. Why vent on twitter? Do you have to vent to the whole world? Seems like a bit of attention seeking, possibly coupled with a bit of arrogance - are we supposed to go begging for it not to happen?

Maybe it's a thing with It Bites singer / guitar players.

Hello "Bonecrusher"

My name is John, what's yours?

You clearly don't know me AT ALL.
And why should you?
No, it wasnt a publicity stunt. I couldnt give a flying tra-la-la about publicity.
No, I'm not after anyones attention and no you're not supposed to beg me not to quit It Bites.
I don't force anyone to follow me on Twitter and I don't force anyone to read my inconsequential ramblings.
The fact of the matter is I went a bit loco that day and for the first time ever I thought to myself 'why exactly have I given up so much of my time to do this'.
Sadly I'm still in that place, but I'm not going into details.
But thanks for your obvious deep understanding, because I obviously "throw my toys out of the pram" on such a regular basis.
What a lovely place this forum is, I simply MUST visit more often.

John
pink skinny head

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: JM to quit It Bites?? Reply with quote

John...dont let the comments of the "odd few" on this forum think that it reflects everyones opinion on here..because its not the case.
I,for one, fully understand that as human beings we all get upset and lose our rag from time to time....with work family and friends.....especially me.
I,d like to think i can speak on behalf of the majority of the forum users on here to say how much your time,creativity and input with It Bites is appreciated.Without your efforts,our beloved It Bites would still be a distant memory...with only three great studio albums to remind us.Thanks to your devotion and love of this awesome band we now not only have the fantastic Tall Ships to listen to..and MOTP to look forward to..but the many tours you guys put on to enjoy.Thankyou guys.
It cant be easy trying to write a new album and prepare for various tours (which dosnt make you lots of money) whilst still trying to run a recording studio...and time is precious when you havnt got a lot to spare.
If it did all end "tomorrow"..i would be truly gutted but fully understand.
Enjoy the success of MOTP and the pending tour and i,ll see you in London.
firehorse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore it John. Internet forums are like public bogs, most people use them with respect, even though they're behind a locked door, but every now and then you get some loser who scribbles crap all over the walls and leaves the place anonymously encrusted with filth for other people to clear up, just cos they can.....

The 99% majority of us are with Mr Pink Skinny Head on this and just put up with the filth because ultimately that's all you can do in a world that promotes service to self!!!!

It Bites are very good, by the way

Wave Wave Razz
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: JM to quit It Bites?? Reply with quote

Quote:
Hello "Bonecrusher"

My name is John, what's yours?

My names Dave, I'm not hiding it, many people on here have met me too and we have met and chatted, although I suspect you would have less reason to remember than me. I remember talking to you though because, after thoroughly enjoying albums buy Kino, The Urbane, Arena, Frost and It Bites, plus going to numerous shows and travelling all over the country to do so, it was a pleasure to shake hands with a musician I have a great deal of time for.

Quote:
You clearly don't know me AT ALL.
And why should you?

No I don't. How would I? We've met once and I am a fan, a consumer.

Quote:
I don't force anyone to follow me on Twitter and I don't force anyone to read my inconsequential ramblings.

I'm not on twitter and don't follow you.

Quote:
The fact of the matter is I went a bit loco that day and for the first time ever I thought to myself 'why exactly have I given up so much of my time to do this'.
Sadly I'm still in that place, but I'm not going into details.

And that truly saddens me - honestly. You don't need to go into details as it is none of anybodies business. I hope things are better for you soon and that you carry on making superb music.

Quote:
But thanks for your obvious deep understanding, because I obviously "throw my toys out of the pram" on such a regular basis.

I don't know how often you throw your toys out of the pram. I would question why you choose to do it in the public domain though.

Quote:
What a lovely place this forum is, I simply MUST visit more often.

If you don't want to read stuff about yourself that you don't like, stay away from the forum. I haven't put that there to be merely abusive, it was just my opinion. The vast majority of what I post has been highly supportive of It Bites.

And by the way, I am no troll. I helped you out last year and you don't even know it. Ask Batchain and he will explain. I've pre-ordered the album and will be at the Bury show and I am quite happy to discuss this with you further then.

Regards,

Dave
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

firehorse wrote:
Ignore it John. Internet forums are like public bogs, most people use them with respect, even though they're behind a locked door, but every now and then you get some loser who scribbles crap all over the walls and leaves the place anonymously encrusted with filth for other people to clear up, just cos they can.....

That comment, which I presume is aimed at me is bang out of order and I will be amazed if some of the more prolific posters on here don't agree.
Daved

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully concur with pink skinny head and firehorse-don't let it get to you John.

It is obvious to anyone just how much time, on and off, you've invested in this project, by my simple estimation I'd say 6-7 years.

During that time you've re-energised a dormant band and in the process co-created some amazing new music with 2 new albums-one of them I've yet to hear --far more than some of us 'old fart' fans have a right to expect. Wave Thumb Up

On a personal level I'm sorry to hear you are in a bit of a strange place at the mo' for whatever reason- it seems to me a lot of folk are undergoing a bit of a strange time -in fact the classic track 'Mama we're all crazee now' by Slade seems to fit the bill, probably a result of the sun belching out a fair amount coronal mass ejection Wink

See you on tour at Bury and/or Workington.
Dena
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonecrusher wrote:
firehorse wrote:

That comment, which I presume is aimed at me is bang out of order and I will be amazed if some of the more prolific posters on here don't agree.

I'm sure it's not aimed at you, Dave.
soundslike1924

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonecrusher wrote:
firehorse wrote:

I don't agree.As Dave is one of the most ardent It Bites fans here, and has 'worked' for the Band in the past anyway (of a sort). Everybody has thier opinion and is entitled to express it.
i could say it sounds like the wheels are coming off, but i wouldn't be a party to know.... i can only react to what i see....as dave did.

https://sites.google.com/site/guitarorchestratradingpage/home
sausage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad day indeed if John is packing it in. But if someone isnt happy within a band then maybe it's for the best. Hope things get sorted soon.............
timmybass69

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these guys need to do more touring. i have been a fan of this band since the late 80s and would hate to see them disappear.

the band needs to come to the USA. support another band such as Marillion or Asia or Yes on a US tour to get some additional exposure.
waveydavey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is the principle of cause and effect here people and unfortunately in conveying opinion that isn't thought through, the whole thing can become destabilised quite quicky. The written or typed word can very easily be mis-interpreted and can lead off down avenues that come out of nowhere. With opinion comes responsibility and it is sad state that some opinions can be readily fired off without considering the bigger picture. "Each man kills the thing he loves".
lemmy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not been on in months,,, but I see not much has changed...

This is like a fu$%^&* episode of Harry Hill's TV Burp...

While reading this I had the sudden urge to shout

FIGHT !!!!!!!!

Fekin grow up,,, who cares if he leaves,, there are plenty more good bands out there to listen to.....
SlowKnee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lemmy wrote:
Fekin grow up,,, who cares if he leaves,, there are plenty more good bands out there to listen to.....

I'm sure I'm not alone here, but I care.

I think JM has brought LOADS to IB and (on the surface at least) the musical relationship and songwriting partnership he has with JB is fantastic.

TTS was awesome and the single (Map... particularly) and the little snippets I've heard of MOTP at gigs and on Amazon excites me greatly.

I for one do NOT want JM to leave the band.

Hopefully whatever has caused JM's venting the other day can be fixed, patched up or at least sidesteeped for a while yet.

Being in a band is a fricking nightmare at times. It's like being married to 3 or 4 people simultaneously. Plus, you're also "in a business partnership" and a "creative relationship" , so it's never gonna be plain sailing (like what I did there with the sh1t marine-based punnage, Lord Connaught?)

Anyhow, Lemmy... I don't know you at all nor do I want to be drawn into a war of words with you, so please don't be offended... but I don't agree with your last comments at all

And, while you're perfectly entitled to say whatever you want on a forum such as this, given the way JM is obviously feeling right now, I don't think that these kind of flippant comments are in the least bit constructive, helpful or (indeed) welcome right now.

Sorry. Crying or Very sad
essexboyinwales

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Confused Mad Rolling Eyes

Just a few of my emotions from reading this thread

I love the music of It Bites but don't come to this forum very often, and I think I now remember why Sad

Really looking forward to the new album and hoping the guys can sort out the mess (if there is one)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> It Bites All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: