It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yamaha electronic drums

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Musicians and Instruments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Yamaha electronic drums Reply with quote

Hi , Im thinking of investing in a Yamaha electronic kit just for home use not for gigging , Do any fellow drummers have any suggestions as Im not familiar with these things ? cheers folks Doug .
Gman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of E-kits available now so I'd highly recommend visiting your local drum/music shop and actually having a play.

From my experience the Yamaha kits didn't cope with cymbal swells particuarly well, the Rolands were much better.

It's worth checking out the Traps kits - a decent kit with mesh heads that uses the Yamaha or Roland brain for sounds.
paiste

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi There.
I've not had much to do with the yamaha dtx etc. I have an fairly old Roland TD10. To be honest the sounds aren't that great and from what I've heard the newer ones aren't much better. What I have done is invest in EZ drummer and Superior drummer2. The sound quality of these for the price is outstanding, really makes you want to play the kit for just that little bit longer Very Happy
Could be an option to get yourself a second hand vdrums or yam kit off ebay and then spend a 100-200 on a drum sound source like Superior, BFD
Battery drums etc. You would need a pc with a midi input and an average to good sound card as well mind!
patch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys , Its off to ebay for a scout around then !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Musicians and Instruments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: