It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is Japan - is here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundslike1924

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

c.d no longer available. see official site.

https://sites.google.com/site/guitarorchestratradingpage/home
Chasartymac

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a wise move.
As I mentioned in my email to Bob, they are treading a fine line and risking accusations of internet and credit card fraud. At the end of the day the laws in most countries are very similar with the bottom line being, "if you cannot supply, then don't take the money. If you take the money you must ship at the same time".

If this was due to a massive demand that took them by surprise then there's no shame in that, but they MUST let people know that is what happened. If it was simply bad marketing, ... then tell them there was an unexpected massive demand anyway!!! LOL
Daved

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully the root cause of this problem is, as somebody previously suggested, non-stick plastic 'envelopes' shedding postage stamps in transit causing all sorts of delays in the post.
Chasartymac-just out of interest-did your belated parcel arrive with U.K. stamps attached?
I can feel for the people still waiting for their goods to arrive in good faith-I waited almost 5 weeks and went through the full spectrum of emotions from concern to disbelief and anger.
I think given the circumstances it is a prudent decision to stop orders and distribution until this is fully resolved and for those still waiting and I hope you guys and gals don't have to wait much more for either a replacement or your original to drop through your letterbox.
Chasartymac

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It arrived with postage still on, but not in the UK. I'm in Tennessee, USA
AmandaP

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the reply to my e-mail which I received Friday
"Hi Amanda

I'm sorry you have not received your order.

I have passed on your email to the person who deals with the merchandise.

Unfortunately I have no cds myself otherwise I'd post you direct.

you can expect delivery this decade and ideally this month.

best wishes
Rich"
soundslike1924

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmandaP wrote:

you can expect delivery this decade and ideally this month.

i bet this line has gone down well Rolling Eyes

https://sites.google.com/site/guitarorchestratradingpage/home
0ldman

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It hasn't gone down well with me either as he hasn't replied to me either flippantly or otherwise since the May bank holiday weekend.
Mr Fibes

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I was slagged for buying my copy off ebay from someone who had bought at a gig, dowloaded it and sold it on. I have passed experience of "it buys" and have not had one, but several bad episodes over he last three years. At least this way I knew I would get a copy!! So sorry for all you folks who have been treated so badly. I would imagine the band are appalled by this situation as well. Maybe one of them could intervene and kick an arse fairly hard and into orbit? Mad Mad

Bitten off more than I can spew!!
paiste

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just who is this mystery person that deals with merchandising?????
Mr Fibes

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it's latin for "fukc nose" or summink

paiste

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Fibes wrote:
I would imagine the band are appalled by this situation as well. Maybe one of them could intervene and kick an arse fairly hard and into orbit? Mad Mad

Are they even aware? Tis such a shame that the most active thread is one of complaint Embarassed
Mr Fibes

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a sad fact....if there was'nt a problem, people would be happily chirping on here; the fact that no one is grasping the nettle and letting people know what's the problem here is the pisser. It's the silence and ducking and diving that winds people up. I've had it with teeshirts and Tall ships but not this bad......this is monumental. Who'll be ordering from It Buys again?? A reall shame Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Chasartymac

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Fibes wrote:
..................... the fact that no one is grasping the nettle and letting people know what's the problem here is the pisser. It's the silence and ducking and diving that winds people up....................

It was exactly this that made me angry. When i placed the order, if I had received a confirmation email advising me that my order would be processed and and my card charged when the CD was despatched and an estimation of when that was, I'd have happily waited and been pleased with the delivery.
I know I have got mine now but having just spent over $5000 online for many various things in preparation for the arrival of a little Chasartymac, the comparison is night and day. I am still waiting for some things which I ordered before TiJ, but I know when they are expected to be here because I was informed and my card has not been charged yet. It's a little thing that shows that some care is being applied. Any Megadeth fans here who post on their boards know the extent that Dave Mustaine goes to to keep his fans informed and if there is a problem like this then he steps up to the plate personally. Let me give a recent example....

Roadrunner, his record label, were not exactly doing a good job of distributing the new album "Endgame". Many fans who did not want to buy online could not find a store that had the disc or that could even order it. When Dave found out about this he posted on the forum that on every night of the Endgame tour he would personally stay behind with another band member after every single gig and sign copies of the CD which they would sell themselves at the venue. He was at Atlanta for well over 2 hours beyond the end of the show. Now he did this every single night. You can contact Dave through the message boards, you can contact him through The Liveline and what is more, if you do and there is genuine concern he will make sure that action is imminent.
One guy was told that he could not buy tickets for himself and his 16 year old son because the venue had stated that Megadeth had put an 18 year old limit on attendees. This guy posted a comp[laint about it on the message board. It got back to the band and within a week, not only had they contacted the venue and told them that they did not have an 18 restriction, but they reserved 2 tickets for this guy and his son with compliments of the band to be collected at the door. If Dave Mustaine and Megadeth can keep close tabs on their fans and their requirements then any band can.
batchain
The Dark Knight

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been saying for years that Dave Mustaine should be in charge of merch distribution.

B xx Smile
RichJ
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I'm confident now that the dozen or so people who have been let down by the 'merch' part of the site should receive their cds within one week (longer if overseas).

the "flippant" comment on the forum regarding AmandaP was taken slightly out of context (without seeing her email to me) because her email asked if she would "receive the cd this decade" hence I replied using her words. I certainly wouldn't joke about missing merch!

Out of x1000 sent out maybe ten have got 'lost in the post' and another three people paid for two but only received one - this is obviously human error.
I would have preferred these people to have got priority over new orders, but it was decided that once all the orders had been sent then the missing ones would be dealt with.
It is not my business and I have no say in how it is run. I would have definitely sent the problem orders out before sending new orders out. But the person who sends them out was the only one to have the discs.

At least once a week I contacted the gentleman who sends out the orders (or not if you are Tallman and AmandaP) and voiced my concerns on their behalf.
Each week I got a "maybe next week" and the complaining emails kept coming to me and I kept forwarding them.
If I had a stash of cds I would've posted them out myself.

Allowing 28days should have been enough time providing the orders were dispatched within a week of purchasing. Clearly this has not always happened and suddenly there is a backlog which leads to silly mistakes such as newer orders going out ahead of older orders or a rush to send out meaning double orders get missed etc.

There will be lessons learned should any more products ever be sold in this way from the website.
Once I know everyone has received the live Japan discs I have x100 of the 'Heroes' charity cd single discs which Batchain has agreed to post out from home. They were supposed to be sold in Cumbria but I persuaded the band to allow them to be available to real fans who are collectors.
I think these will sell for 5 with 3.50 going direct to the charity. More of this in a few weeks.

As I said earlier, I'm feeling confident that all the remaining orders will go out this week. If not I'll be almost as annoyed as those who have waited so long.

Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> It Bites All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: