It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jellyfish
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJ

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the feeling its now deleted.

There's one for sale on ebay..link below.

If you really like Jellyfish, and can get this for around 80 or 90, then I would recommend it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fan-Club-Box-Jellyfish-CD-2002_W0QQitemZ140176152445QQihZ004QQcategoryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Sean

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's well worth the money. see it as an investment?
Mike

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger Joseph Manning Jnr's 2nd solo album "Catnip Dynamite is now out. Japanese only but 13-odd with postage depending on the exchange rate isn't bad for a Japanese import. For everyone who enjoyed Solid State Warrior/Land Of Pure imagination (whichever version you have?) the new stuff sounds like more of the same. Samples available from this page

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=PCCY-1871

as well as a couple of songs on his myspace page. I'm afraid I couldn't wait and mine is on the way!
Mike

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got Roger Manning's 'Catnip Dynamite'and it's not going to disappoint anyone who enjoyed his debut. The production this time is more punchy and the material rockier and though the sound is less poppy and the hooks not quite as immediate it's still crammed with great tunes. Love's Never Half As Good and My Girl are as close as things get to the debut album but it's the rockier numbers like The Quickening, Down In Front and Living In End Times that really catch the ears! Turnstile at Heaven's Gate is a good track and there's also some darker material on offer like the epic Survival Machine and Haunted Henry which are both pretty good. There is a Japanese bonus track which is decent enough. Have to wait and see whether the eventual American release will include some different songs as happened with Solid State Warrior/Land of Pure Imagination but at the moment Roger doesn't have a label for America.
tnt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Jellyfish - a class band Very Happy
Sean

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found these a bit Jellyfish/ Bob mould

http://www.last.fm/music/Farrah
Mike

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farrah, good power pop band, a bit like a cross between the Merrymakers & The Rubinoos. Their first two albums 'Moustache' and 'Me Too' are really good and chock full of hooks but I was disappointed with the latest one 'Cut Out & Keep'
Dave

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: love jellyfish Reply with quote

love jellyfish.same old story though-couple of albums,split up,but i do have 2 live gigs on dvd and dvd of all their singles for some great memories of a fab band
Jim Finnegan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Jellyfish Reply with quote

I had the unbeliveable pleasure to see Jellyfish at a smallish venue in Virginia Beach, Virginia. As long as I live I will never get over how good they were. Out of this world vocals, with each member knowing how to lean in or out on their mic to achieve perfect harmony blends. The music "popped" too. The mix was powerfully clear. Thirty seconds into the first song you could lip read everyone's turning to their friends and saying, "Holy Sh*t" at how good they were. Utter shame they weren't huge and/or they didn't stick with it.
Bonecrusher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm convinced.

Spilt Milk is a pop rock masterpiece.

Thanks for the tip!
AJ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveWallace wrote:
I'm convinced.

Spilt Milk is a pop rock masterpiece.

Thanks for the tip!

Nice one Dave...has it been on rotation play?

Now all you need to do is get Bellybutton!
Mike

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jellyfish fans I've mentioned this guy on the forum before. Both of his albums are excellent, especially the 2nd one "It's Only Time" which is a must if you are partial to Jellyfish. Drake Bell and band with a fine live rendition of Joining A Fan Club, a version of which will be included on his forthcoming live DVD due for release in December

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV5kbwWFOSY&NR=1
plasticdreamer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for thread resurrection, but it seems there are a good few Jellyfish fans on here and I just wanted to subtly alert Wink folks to the fact that I have decided to part with my cherished, but bizarrely underplayed Jellyfish 4 CD box set.... So just in case anyone might be interested, here it is..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jellyfish-4-CD-Box-set-Sturmer-Falkner-Manning-etc_W0QQitemZ260548043234QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL?hash=item3ca9dfa1e2
wsg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plasticdreamer wrote:
decided to part with my cherished, but bizarrely underplayed Jellyfish 4 CD box set

Liked the quote on the eBay listing "It's just been sat on my shelf and I have decided to sell as I am getting married shortly and should probably think of moving it on". Only joking, but I'd have to question my partner of choice if she came between me and my Jellyfish! Wink

All the best for the forthcoming nuptials. You could have Now She Knows She's Wrong" for the first dance! Laughing Laughing
plasticdreamer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink Oh, she didn't have anything to do with the sale.. I just thought a bit of cash would come in more useful than having a CD that never gets played.. I saved it onto i-tunes and I still have Bellybutton and Spilt Milk, so that'll do for me!!

Ro Sham Bo by the Grays is actually my favourite from the Jellyfish family Cool Cool Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Other Bands All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: