It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electronic drumz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Musicians and Instruments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bonzodrumz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Electronic drumz Reply with quote

Cool ok so who has e drumz out there??

I am an acoustic kit disciple but have just set up my DTX kit which was intended for practice sessions at home - must say so far so good!!

http://www.myspace.com/thebraziliansband
Gman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a Roland TD6 kit in my wee studio and usually have it setup to trigger EZDrummer on the computer.

It's a great kit, bought it off eBay (hardly used) for 600. I've also played the Traps kits and they are also very good value for money.

One of the things I like about e kits is that different sounds make you play in different ways, so can be very good to get you inspired to play things outside of your normal routines.
oldmanwithhisangel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does guitar hero count ? Very Happy I can't drum , but one of our sons is brilliant on expert,and i reckon that must translate a little on a real kit.
superjx10

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearly bought some V-Drums many times, but I'm always lured back to the ivories - as far as gigging is concerned, you can't beat a real kit for visual splendour!!!!

(Especially if your name's Tanjobidesu.. Wink )

We had a Sound Control in Southampton until it went bust, and my son used to hit the really expensive kit every weekend - a joy to behold, as it had... headphones! We've got a little Flats kit in the studio, which is OK for practice but not for live.

DBP Very Happy
pink skinny head

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played in a band,where the drummer used an electric kit,many moons ago.He had it triggering one of the Alesis rackmounts...i think it was the D5...it was ok..ish.I thought the sounds were flat and it was hard trying groove with a guy who was hitting pads rather than real drums.The other thing i wasnt so keen on was he needed to go through the PA sometimes taking up 4 channels(it was an old mixing desk)..not the sort of thing you want if your a keyboard player wanting thoughs channels for yourself so you can go stereo. Rolling Eyes
paiste

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a TD10 in my little studio. Great for practice and general messing about. Not got my head around setting it up to trigger samples from BFD etc. It's getting on a bit now so the sounds are good but not brilliant. I wouldn't dream of using it live, that's what my starclassic is for. Even the TD20 I wouldn't use live. IMHO You can't beat the sound of a decent acoustic kit. I'm lucky enough in the band I play in to have a half decent pa so can mic the kit up and get a decent full sound out front. Very Happy
gazza

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Lil gazza has a TD6 and loves it. He also has a premier acoustic kit too. TD10's or 20's are awesome kits though, and anyone that is fortunate enough to own one should consider themselves blessed.
A couple of friends of mine own these kits and incorporate them with their acoustic kits, using them to trigger samples amongst other uses. They play in top tribute bands for Rush and Peter Gabriel and are both very talented drummers whose live sound is incredible. Very Happy
Bonzodrumz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Been bashin' the DTX this week in the garage - love it but it's not quite the same as the old acoustic kit but ............ I can rehearse without scaring the neighbourhood and it certainly helps hone the chops! Cool Wink

http://www.myspace.com/thebraziliansband
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Musicians and Instruments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: