It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your first guitar....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Musicians and Instruments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bonzodrumz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MooBass wrote:
Afternoon All!

I'm a bit late to this one but thought I'd share with you anyway!

I started out on Clarinet and Saxophone (both Yamaha) when I was 5. Unfortunately for my parents, rock / pop took over my musical life when I was 14!

My first bass was borrowed from school during a summer holiday - an unmarked SG Bass copy. My first owned bass which I still have, was a Hohner Jack headless bass which I used to think was very cool Cool

I went through a stage of using a mixture of Fender Precisions and Jazz basses but didn't really like the sounds I was getting, so I moved to Musicman Stingrays. I still have my 1990 black beauty now but don't take it gigging.

I had a lull of about 10 years where I didn't play outside of my music room at home and then I got the urge to play again and have been in our band for nearly 2 years now.

My current basses are Warwick Thumb 5NT, Thumb 5NT Fretless and a Warwick Streamer Stage 1 5 string. I have fallen in love with Warwick basses, they cost a fortune, Mrs Moo hates them because I want to buy another!!

I also have a Rickenbacker 250 guitar, however it has 6 funny thin strings on it which confuses me Confused !!

Cheers,

Moo

Moo

Tell Mrs Moo that Bonzodrumz said "it's worth the investment" - your bass sound is cool mate!

Bonzodrumz Cool

http://www.myspace.com/thebraziliansband
MooBass

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, well that's my normal ploy but three basses, a new rig, a new home studio and a load of gear lust gadgets in less than two years has started to wear her patience a bit thin!! But still, that's half of the fun about buying the next thing, convincing Mrs Moo that it's the be all and end all Laughing

Cheers,

Moo xx
Bonzodrumz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MooBass wrote:
Haha, well that's my normal ploy but three basses, a new rig, a new home studio and a load of gear lust gadgets in less than two years has started to wear her patience a bit thin!! But still, that's half of the fun about buying the next thing, convincing Mrs Moo that it's the be all and end all Laughing

Cheers,

Moo xx

Moo

With gear it can be a bit like the lottery......... if you don't buy a ticket, you will never win the prize!

And.......... if you win the big music prize I suspect Mrs Moo will think you are the bees knees!

Bonzodrumz

muleboy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or the bass knees? Shocked

(tumbleweed blows across the road, a bell tolls in the distance.....)

I'll go now.

Mule
Mac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was a "Audition" 2 pick up jobbie from woolworths!...My old lady eventually bought me the audition 15w SS amp to go with it!..I thought i was the dogs bollox!
Bonzodrumz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

As a drummist who doesn't play guitar I would really like to own a Gibson Les Paul one day!

Bonzodrumz

http://www.myspace.com/thebraziliansband - New track "Fuzzface v's Godzilla"
waveydavey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first guitar was an Encore electric in a Brian May looking style. Thats as far as it went though. The damned thing went out of tune on the first strike of a chord, one set of pick ups, and a volume and tone knob. About as much use as last years almanac!
Bonzodrumz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waveydavey wrote:
My first guitar was an Encore electric in a Brian May looking style. Thats as far as it went though. The damned thing went out of tune on the first strike of a chord, one set of pick ups, and a volume and tone knob. About as much use as last years almanac!

Wavey

This sounds just like every guitarists first guitar to me - well that's their excuse anyway!

Bonzodrumz

batchain
The Dark Knight

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to buy one of those slider thingies for my guitar. Any ideas which one I should get? It's got to have really bright leds on it though, 'cos they look the business.

B xx Razz
Dena
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first guitar was bought as a cribmo present when I was about 17. It was a REALLY old, very crappy Wilson in red. It had a slight Strat style about it. The action was the highest I've ever seen and looking back the whole thing was FUBAR.

When I started work at 19, my very first pay packet took me to Tin Pan Alley to buy a Strat and a practice amp! Very Happy
Bonzodrumz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dena wrote:
My first guitar was bought as a cribmo present when I was about 17. It was a REALLY old, very crappy Wilson in red. It had a slight Strat style about it. The action was the highest I've ever seen and looking back the whole thing was FUBAR.

When I started work at 19, my very first pay packet took me to Tin Pan Alley to buy a Strat and a practice amp! Very Happy

Dena

Can you advise Bat where he might buy "one of those slider thingies for his guitar" - how about an e-bow?

Bonzodrumz

Dena
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonzodrumz wrote:

Dena

Can you advise Bat where he might buy "one of those slider thingies for his guitar" - how about an e-bow?

Bonzodrumz

Maybe Batchain needs to take a leaf out of Nigel Tufnell's book; rather than using a "slidy thing" he could just use a violin instead (and tune accordingly).... Wink
Bonzodrumz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool

You're right!

Forget Beck, Page, Moore, Satriani etc just follow Tufnell "Rock God" get an amp that goes up to 11 !!!!!!!!!!!

Bonzodrumz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Musicians and Instruments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: