It Bites Forum Index It Bites
The place to talk about It Bites

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King Tuts review (with spoilers!)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navajo Chris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: King Tuts review (with spoilers!) Reply with quote

Wow, what can I say, amazing show at king tuts on sunday evening! Very Happy

So good to see Frankie playing the electric again, and with quite a superb band backing him. Nathan was solid on bass and contributed some excellent backing vocals, as did Dorie (whose album is worth a purchase - a very nice listen indeed). Praise to flamman on guitar whose style worked perfectly with Frank, he contributed some nifty solos to boot! And also to peter on keyboards, whose musical battles with Frank obviously reminded me of the interplay between JB and FD back in the day! Not forgetting Tony on drums who really pounded those skins! So good to hear Frank with a drummer again!!

Frank really did tear the place apart with riffage! The smile on his face throughout said it all Cool !

The whole of the "Wild Country" album was played, not in order, but stunning nonetheless! Highlights for me were "Driving in the Rain", "Another Day", "All I ever wanted was you"..in fact the whole of the set was incredible! I found myself getting carried away with it all and had to stop myself yelling "You should have done this 10 years ago"!!!! Laughing

A extremely chilled version of "Underneath your pillow" was played during the set, with a nice Pink Floyd style beginning! However, we had to wait for the encore for the other It Bites tracks! Namely, the new version of "Feels like Summertime" which I thought worked very well, and then, Christmas came early in the shape of "Midnight"!!!!!!!! To put it simply, it rocked big time!!!!!!!

To anyone who has any doubts about going to see the show, remove them immediately! It was one of the best gigs I have ever been to, and I may even get a ticket to the Foreigner gig just to see the band again! I hope Frank decides to do new material with this band in a rock stylee because I know it would be outstanding!!!
Mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're outta luck with the Foreigner gig...he's doing it solo with his acoustic geetar
tnt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The glasgow gig was awesome and filled with fans who show appriecation for good music Smile
Navajo Chris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, mac!

I'll probably pass on it now - 30 for a 30 min set of acoustic stuff just ain't worth it!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It Bites Forum Index -> Francis Dunnery All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: